If not for the ABA, we would never complain

Lee.

I live an hour away from Pensacola and I'm thinking about go over to see some games ... I don't want to see the logo. "ABA basketball ... how can we fit that in with Aviators?" :rolleyes:

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Is anyone really surprised by some of these logos? Members keep posting the new team logos as they keep coming 19, 20, 21, 22, etc. and you act as if they're supposed to have "great logos" within this league. I think it's a pretty safe bet that they'll be cheesy and goofy from this point on.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I hate to sound like ICS but if ya'll don't care for them much, then try your hand at it. I agree with all of you that the logos in the ABA are not very good. However, show the rest of us how YOU would do it. Maybe someone from that league will see these and change their mind.

dodgers-1.png

You know what, looking at all those logos on the same page made me have a drastic change of hear tabout the whole league.

So what is most of the logos are poorly designed, not done by expensive top of the line design firms that produce waaay too similarly looking logos feautring the falvor of the month (teal? orange? light blue? drop shadow? retro? TATC?). I mean, as long as each and every team has a distinct logo that in some way is applicable to the city and nickname (as dumb asthey may be), why not just let them be??? In five years, ten years, or whenever down the road, if the ABA is still around, so many people on these boards for be clamoring for the old logo, making retro designs that they gre wup with or were first exposed to, and that will be these logos.

Yeah, I shrieked at a lot of them, and I'm not defending them much, but variety folks, is the spice of life. Not everything has to look like the New Hampshire Fisher Kats or Corpus Christi Hooks.

You may be angry, but I'm just sayin'...

some of those logos aren't bad, but the names attached with them bring out the dry heaves.

The ones I found, not so "meh":

Gwinnet Gwizzlies

Pittsburgh Hard Hats (a lot like the Columbus Crew though)

Portland Reign

Kentucky Colonels

If you get around the fact that this is a low-rent league, I think some of these logos could work as identities for other teams, even though without the basketball Portland and Kentucky are ultra-generic.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't mean to sound way to harsh when I read the criticism of these logos, they are for a smaller league, but I also felt that the MLS should have made each team in its league wear the same color jerseys for the first 2-3 years to create a kid of branding of each team in the minds of its small legion of fans. I never knew if KC was yellow, light blue, etc., until a few years later, and NY/NJ was always stripes, but their jersey design got switched as well. I think if the league beagan to create an individual identity for each team (especially since young soccer players were such a large component of their crowds), younger fans could identify the color of the team with the city, building up a relationship and rivalries better than switching primary colors and looks year in, year out.

Ofd course, I think the NABL (is that right?), the NBA's developmental league did this, launching teams with nicknames and colors, and the same uniform thoroughout for about two years before finally releasing logos this past season. Not being around any of those cities, I wonder how that worked out for them.

I know for the fact that I have already posted many of the logos in an earlier thread, and we have made the running joke around here that these logos indeed B, B and S (shorthand for "Bite, Blow and Suck" for all the nOObs out there) all at the same time. Fact of the matter is, we're already beating a dead horse to death with these logos. Until we see new logos, just lay off, okay pal? BTW, welcome to the club.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

"Of course, I think the NBDL, the NBA's developmental league did this, launching teams with nicknames and colors, and the same uniform thoroughout for about two years before finally releasing logos this past season. Not being around any of those cities, I wonder how that worked out for them."

Actually, it doesn't make sense. The fact is, logos are designed to create excitement. Maybe if they created wordmarks from different fonts and styles instead of the NBDL's standardized font, it would have been better and create excitement for the teams as well as merchandising opportunities. That's where the NBA missed the ball there.

I know for the fact that I have already posted many of the logos in an earlier thread, and we have made the running joke around here that these logos indeed B, B and S (Bite, Blow and Suck) all at the same time. Fact of the matter is, we're already beating a dead horse to death with these logos. Until we see new logos, just lay off, okay pal? BTW, welcome to the club.

Who in the blue hell are you referring to with this post?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

"Who in the blue hell are you referring to with this post?"

When in the bluest of blue hells did The Rock die and selected you to replace him, you popcorn f@rt jabroni? :lol: I was speaking about egtmgr, OSilverbacks.

Archived