The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No supplemental discipline for Dwight King for his boarding on Alex Pietrangelo, the Blues best skater. Gets off with a simple minor.

The hit wasn't horrific, and it certainly wasn't done with the intent to injure. But the NHL refuses to go all in on their stance against head injuries. This takes us right back to where we were in round one. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes it's not, and there's no real clear reasoning why.

I had hoped that the Torres suspension was a turning point, but I knew better. 20+ games was a great statement for a hit that deserved it. But you have to follow it up by punishing other hits too. Obviously King doesn't deserve 20. He deserves 2-3. But by not giving him anything they've reset the standard and blurred the line again.

Like I said, there was no intent, but it's still the type of hit and the type of injury the league wants to eliminate. Well 2-minute penalties will not teach players not to do it in the future.

The on-ice official blew it because he's a moron and had to decide right then. But Shanahan and his crew have no such excuse (maybe the moron one). They just have no idea or refuse to take the issue head on with a strong and consistent approach.

You might see the Blues respond. And it might be goon hockey. But what has the NHL done to deter it?

Is Game 2 a repeat of Game 1? It's 2-1 Coyotes in the 2nd, again!

I hope not. If Nashville loses again I'm going to be really disappointed.

You won't like that it's 3-1 now!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Nashville holds the zone for the entirety of a power play and finally breaks through with a Hornqvist deflect on a Suter blast. Preds back within one.

AND PHOENIX IMMEDIATELY RESPONDS! 4-2! Bad rebound by Rinne on a rush play, and Pyatt bangs it home.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Nashville holds the zone for the entirety of a power play and finally breaks through with a Hornqvist deflect on a Suter blast. Preds back within one.

AND PHOENIX IMMEDIATELY RESPONDS! 4-2! Bad rebound by Rinne on a rush play, and Pyatt bangs it home.

Thanks for spoiling it for me. I'm watching the game on TSN and they just showed Nashville's second goal.

It's been all about capitalizing on the opportunities. Phoenix has made a fair amount of mistakes, but Smith continues to bail them out. On the other side, almost every mistake Rinne and the Preds make has ended up in the back of the net.

What the hell is wrong with Rinne? He hasnt been very good in this series.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

It's "Howlin' For You" by The Black Keys.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Rusty Klesla is back, but not without some added protection with a chin mask. He's been very important for the Yotes, so it's good to see him back.

Man, I love the playoffs.

Rusty Klesla is back, but not without some added protection with a chin mask. He's been very important for the Yotes, so it's good to see him back.

Man, I love the playoffs.

I love how he absolutely refuses to wear the cage.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived