Ideal Out-of-town scoreboard location

BigMac12

You continually ask the most inane questions.

-----

But to answer your question, wherever it can be seen by the most people in the stadium.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Is there an ideal location for the out-of-town scoreboard for Major Leagure baseball facilities, or is it determinate based on the stadium itself?

Today, the best location is the smartphone in my hand.

I'm surprised as many teams bother with it as they do.

Logistically it serves no purpose at this point. If you have access to internet at your fingertips which the vast majority of the population does now, the out of town scoreboard is useless.

At this point I would say its done purely for looks.

Now that it's been gone for a few years, Busch Memorial Stadium is that girl that's either ugly for a hot girl or cute for an ugly girl. It's all in the lighting and angles.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Now that it's been gone for a few years, Busch Memorial Stadium is that girl that's either ugly for a hot girl or cute for an ugly girl. It's all in the lighting and angles.

1e65022175ac6e42c1b86cef183773d4.jpg

I understand what you mean. When I was digging up pics for this topic, I realized I hadn't looked at a pic of the old park in a while. It looks a lot more dated than I remembered.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

It was probably the best looking of the cookie cutter era stadiums. Think it mainly had to do with the arches in the roof which was a nice touch. At least it gave it some unique feature that none of the other cookie cutter stadiums could say they had.

Also the skyline was pretty distinctive and they seemed to do a pretty good job of maintaining the park as well at least compared to the other cookie cutter stadiums.

While I like the aesthetic of an out-of-town scoreboard I think the most practical option would be a ticker on the jumbotron or ribbon boards.

As I mentioned earlier at this point I think the out of town scoreboard is all about looks.

I rather have no out of town scoreboard at all then a digital one. At that point my view is why even bother with it? You do it now I think because it looks cool, not because people actually need it to see it in order to know what the scores of out of town games are. And I'm ok with that to. There is a certain quaintness of having hand posted numbers that somebody striking a key can't quite replace.

Because when I go to a Dodgers' game I care about the outcome of the Tigers and Indians, right.

If I do care about other scores (i.e. in September during a playoff race) I'll check my phone because it's usually more up to date than the stadium one.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Because when I go to a Dodgers' game I care about the outcome of the Tigers and Indians, right.

If I do care about other scores (i.e. in September during a playoff race) I'll check my phone because it's usually more up to date than the stadium one.

You may not care, but some of the other 50k people might. Out of town scoreboards are a part of baseball history and tradition. You go to a ballpark and somewhere in the outfield, either above the wall somewhere or the wall itself, you see one. I think it would look odd if they were anywhere else or not there at all. Still, don't know why we have a topic discussing the ideal location for them. Above or on the wall. Not many other options.

That's why I said I instead of "does anyone really care about Tigers/Indians at a Dodger game?"

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Not every one has smart phones you know. I don't, so out of town scoreboards are useful to me.

And those that do may not get the best signal, either.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived