New Portland State look for 2012?

Ediddy.406

http://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/index.ssf/2012/05/portland_state_vikings_spring_game.html

The white jerseys are a look they've had for a while but the home jerseys are a new look, although they did use the helmet decals in a game or two(?) last season? Anyone else hear about this? They are in Nike's back porch after all....

Heres some images from OregonLive.com and their spring game Top 10 recap

11009823-standard.jpg

11009825-standard.jpg

11009824-standard.jpg

11009821-standard.jpg

11009820-standard.jpg

11009813-standard.jpg

Ediddy.png

They wore those white helmets and uniforms as a one-off a few times, but the white jerseys are the standard look. If I remember correctly, it's ever-so-slightly modified from the Minnesota Vikings' current logo. Neither is that great a look, really IMO. They could use an overhaul, especially since they're the biggest school in the state (maybe not coverage wise, but student population wise). I really like the Victor Viking logo that isn't on either of these uniforms:

6107042189_75af9b8348_m.jpg

Why not use something unique?

Anything beats the look they had when Glanville was there. Im a lifetime Grizzly and that whole "man in black" look and those helmets were hideous.....

1043518358_c0666829cd.jpg

Disagree. Those were some of the best uniforms I can remember. Really ground breaking. I loved them.

Anything beats the look they had when Glanville was there. Im a lifetime Grizzly and that whole "man in black" look and those helmets were hideous.....

Disagree. Those were some of the best uniforms I can remember. Really ground breaking. I loved them.

Never before had a lower-division team taken an existing stock Nike template and shoehorned black into its uniforms wherever possible. Truly, a watershed moment in design.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Tulane meets the Minnesota Vikings.

Those pant stripes are bad. They look like someone ran a strip of painter's tape down part of the sides.

I agree on the pants. I'm thinking these aren't a throwback due to those pants. And it's definitely a better look. But I'd be surprised that the darker green would get replaced. Do any other Portland State teams wear the lighter green?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Never before had a lower-division team taken an existing stock Nike template and shoehorned black into its uniforms wherever possible. Truly, a watershed moment in design.

The helmet design was stellar. The restraint with the black and white and just the right amount of pinstriping was refreshing. In a time when too many teams were going on the deep end design wise (or lack thereof), these unis were so nice to see. Of course we all have our likes/dislikes, but these were solid, forward thinking design. Too bad they're gone and the team now looks like everyone else... boring.

The helmet design was stellar. The restraint with the black and white and just the right amount of pinstriping was refreshing. In a time when too many teams were going on the deep end design wise (or lack thereof), these unis were so nice to see. Of course we all have our likes/dislikes, but these were solid, forward thinking design. Too bad they're gone and the team now looks like everyone else... boring.

I, too, thought the helmet sticker was great...but would have looked better with a dark green helmet. Too bad they ditched that part of it. The rest I didn't like too much.

As for the white helmets, medium green jerseys up at the top of the thread, I don't get it. They aren't throwbacks, I don't think. And the colors, which look good on Tulane and here, too, but seem to come from from out of the blue. Is this a test or a preview? I don't like the motorcycle-helmet Viking, but a Minnesota spinoff isn't really an upgrade. Like I said, I don't get it.

Is it just me, or does that look like some kind of sky blue cellophane tape over the green piping on those white pants??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is it just me, or does that look like some kind of sky blue cellophane tape over the green piping on those white pants??

Yeah, that does kinda look like tape, especially how the dark stripe gets lighter underneath it. Hard to tell if they all start at the same height, too.

Still, no one knows the scoop on these?

I thought it was answered in the 6th post:

I really like the Victor Viking logo that isn't on either of these uniforms:

6107042189_75af9b8348_m.jpg

Why not use something unique?

I could be completely wrong here, but was that a Zephyr creation? Looks like that kind of style.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

November 19, 2011:

KVKAVTHZWTEGLSM.20111120015027.jpg

More photos here.

They're a 1991 throwback (per the PSU fan boards). Found a picture of their coach around that time (Tom Osborne and Al Borges were on the coaching staff, too), looks to be true:

pokeyallen.jpg

And a here's a player photo.

Maybe they're using them again this year, or they're left over, but I wouldn't count on that as a full time look from here forward.

@knnhrvy16, not sure about the origins of that logo. Maybe someone around here will know.

Archived