University Outbreak Challenge

DomTheAthlete29

Complete-UniversityOutbreakLogo.gif

I received nine submissions for 2nd edition of the University Outbreak Challenge! Unfortunately, I had to disqualify one of the entries... It is essential to make sure you submit your entries correctly!

The requirements were:

Create your own university or college.

Location (within the U.S.)

Nickname

Athletic logo(s)

Academic logo(s)

Football uniforms

Uniforms for a sport of your choice

The poll closes Monday, May 28th, at 11:59PM Pacific Time (three days from now).

Entries

Entry #1

Entry #2

Entry #3

Entry #4

Entry #5

Entry #7

Entry #8

Disqualified entry

DQ Entry

Entry #6

Both entries were DQ'd for submitting an entry without a required component.

Judging is open to all board members registered BEFORE January 1st, 2012. This is to ensure no one is voting for themselves under an alternate login.

Members may vote once per event and may not vote for their own entry.

Voting will be via the 2-1 points method. Voters will be asked to post their choice for a Champion and a Runner-up. Champion votes are worth 2 points and Runner-up will receive 1.

Please use this format for voting.

Champion - Entry A

Runner Up - Entry B

If this contest is well received by the community there is a chance I will try an run a MiLB style contest similar to this one.

Thanks to everyone who submitted.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Championship: Lakeshore State

Runner Up: Maryland State

I hope I did this right. Good job to everyone who participated! I was amazed when I looked through all of the concepts.

Please use entry numbers to vote.. And understand that Maryland State was also DQ'd

teams.gif

Championship: Lakeshore State

Runner Up: Maryland State

I hope I did this right. Good job to everyone who participated! I was amazed when I looked through all of the concepts.

Please use entry numbers to vote.. And understand that Maryland State was also DQ'd

Oops. Fixed now.

spacer.png

Well, awesome. All that work and I'm DQd for not including a throw-away uniform for another sport. Thanks to everyone who would've voted for Maryland State (aka, me and one other person). That's pretty frustrating.

Also, do you realize that the file names for several of these are user names? I hope no one out there has a grudge against anyone.

I'll go for:

C: 2

RU: 4

Grunge-Logos.png

Well, awesome. All that work and I'm DQd for not including a throw-away uniform for another sport.

I stated very clearly that rules needed to be followed in the first post.

Were these supposed to be anonymous?

I know damn it. I thought I changed the file names when I added the wordmark to all of them. I even uploaded the wrong entry that has a members name on the image.. (he submitted a correct one so he is still allowed, my mistake).

Lessons learned for next time I run a contest. Lets keep this strictly for voting from now on. Other comments should be directed into the 1st thread.

teams.gif

Well, awesome. All that work and I'm DQd for not including a throw-away uniform for another sport.

I stated very clearly that rules needed to be followed in the first post.

I'm not blaming you. It's frustrating nonetheless.

Grunge-Logos.png

One minor nitpick for the next contest you run— don't put your personal wordmark over everyone's work. Seems a little... yeah.

Thanks for the feedback. I understand how that can be viewed as kinda sketchy. Not intended to be but I can understand.

teams.gif

Archived