The MAC Project

Fifty8_Black O

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've added the matching Chippewa stripe to the home but I wasn't sure if I should just flip the colors from the road or should i use white. I think option 1 looks best because of the contrast but the white allows for more consistency throughout the set. Obviously I could also just leave it as it is now with the C logo. What do you guys think?

CMU3.jpg

Option 1 looks great. Not a fan of the Chippewa Spirit alt though. The last thing the MAC needs is another team from Michigan unnecessarily mucking up their look by adding black.

I don't love BFBS usually, but it looks good in this alt. Good work!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Team number three in the MAC project is the Huskies of

Northern Illinois University

I wanted to simplify their look to make them a classic, classy, iconic looking uniform set. Only one helmet option with a simplified helmet logo to replace the busy one of old. Only one pant option with a stripe pattern consistent with the helmet. All in all I like the look for them although it is quite different then what they have. Here we go:

NoIllU.jpg

I like it all, except for the helmet logo. Put the wolf head on there, and it's perfect.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I disagree. The pants stripe is too clunky looking to me, especially with white as the border color. It also is opposite of the helmet stripe, which creates inconsitency. Only thing I like is the helmet logo.

The CMU concept is great, though

• 3 weeks later...

Alright I took a little time off from working on this due to a busier work schedule and taking few short vacations but I'm back now and ready to finish this conference off. The next team up is:

Eastern Michigan University

EMichU.jpg

EMichU1.jpg

For EMU I wanted to (again) keep it simple and classic looking while also giving them an original identity. I kept the 'E' helmet logo and simple striping on the pants and helmet while adding a relatively simple sleeve stripe design that doubles as a wing design. The three lower stripes create an E. The special alt uniform features a matte gray helmet with matte jersey and pant materials but also chrome wings on the shoulder and trim around the number which would be similar to the oregon shoulder wings from their rose bowl uni's only with silver instead of the duck wing colors.

As always C&C is appreciated, I am still playing around with the C&C I got on the previous sets but the only one I think I may potentially post an update of is NIU.

I like the shoulder stripes. Simple abstract representation of wings that perfectly represent the mascot (see this ya arkansas jersey haters!) BEAUTIFUL!

Can't get behind the pant stripes as much. I'd mimic the top stripe or maybe go blank?

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

I like the shoulder stripes. Simple abstract representation of wings that perfectly represent the mascot (see this ya arkansas jersey haters!) BEAUTIFUL!

Can't get behind the pant stripes as much. I'd mimic the top stripe or maybe go blank?

I agree with what will said, the pants are tough since you would have to squeeze that pattern into a much more narrow place than you have on the jersey. Also, I like how you blend classic with modern here. It's a tough balance to strike but you did it wonderfully here. The MAC can be a pretty good looking league, and you've certainly done a good job thus far presenting it as such.

Archived