Pac 12 Football Uni Pickers

wyopokes2

Hey everybody! It's been quite some time since I've done a uniform concept and I felt like splitting time between a few of those and my NFL wallpapers series. When I do end up doing uniforms, one they are usually for football and basketball. What I present to you today is a spinoff of my "NCAA Redoapalooza" series. I'm focusing this project on the Pac 12. When I finish I might roll into another conference. My life is pretty empty without football right now and anything to get my mind back on it, is a plus. In my first uni picker series I had already done Colorado and California, and I still am pretty content with them so you can see Colorado here and California here. Remember these concepts are whatever you want to make out of them. You can choose whatever combo you like best. I find uni pickers neat because they fit the ever evolving scene that is college aesthetics.

On to the new ones concepts. I wanted to add in a back view of the Revo Speed to show striping patterns. The first team up is the University of Washington. I wanted to have a mix of modern elements, that weren't too over the top. I'm not too fond of the purple helmet for them, but again it is just in there for s&g's for people to mess around with.

Heres a link to the Washington mix and matcher

Sample combos:

1338534398859.png1338534550617.png

Components:

Hemets -Gold, White, Purple

Jerseys - Gold, White, Purple

Pants - Gold, White, Purple

Next up is the Oregon State beavers. Here I had an idea of what I wanted to do and just kind of ran with it. The orange components lack the striping of the other two mainly for consistency. This one I'm not terribly fond of an orange helmet but it might work with some combos. You be the judge.

Heres a link to the Oregon State mix and matcher

1338536113124.png1338536192661.png

Components:

Hemets -Black, White, Orange

Jerseys - Black, White, Orange

Pants - Black, White, Orange

If it wasn't obvious I spent a great deal of time working on these and I'd love to hear what you guys think. Feel free to leave comments and suggestions on here or on the comment box on the page. I would love to get some suggestions for upcoming teams or if you'd like an element put it let me know. Teams up next will be the in state rivals of these two schools; Washington State and Oregon.

*note any similarities to other concepts is purely coincidental

Both of these look great. I can't wait to see how many combinations your Oregon design has. That should be fun.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not really any back story behind Oregon State. Just something I wanted to try out. The drop shadow idea came from the Steven Jackson era. I liked those quite a bit.

Up next is Oregon. I'm not sure how this one is gonna go over. I wanted it to be mainly the Green/Yellow/White elements to appease the traditionalists. I also included a black, silver, and volt alternates.

Heres a link to the Oregon mix and matcher

Sample combos:

1338587579696.png1338587712876.png

Components:

Hemets -Green, White, Yellow, Black, Grey, Black Special

Jerseys - Green, White, Yellow, Black, Grey, Black Special

Pants - Green, White, Yellow, Black, Grey, Black Special

Oh my God, that all-green combination might just be the best Oregon uniform I have ever seen. That is sharp.

I wonder what an actual volt-colored uniform would look like instead of black with volt accents.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh my God, that all-green combination might just be the best Oregon uniform I have ever seen. That is sharp.

I wonder what an actual volt-colored uniform would look like instead of black with volt accents.

No problem! I'll put in a volt helmet, jersey, and pants :)

Heh, I'll go ahead and put some sunglasses on.

Heh, I'll go ahead and put some sunglasses on.

1338591996978.png

Brilliant as always.

One nitpick; I don't feel that the classic varsity numbers fit on the Volt colored jerseys, as well as the interlocking UO on the Volt colored helmet. I think the modern versions work better there. But everything else is great.

Would you be willing to share the template for the back view of the Revo Speed Helmet?

Not really feeling the numbered helmets. Would much rather see the O on the side. Also the white numbers on the yellow jersey aren't appealing...actually any yellow on white isn't really appealing. I think you should swap it with green and put a yellow outline.

Grey / Yellow / Grey

My favorite!

I went through the uni picker, looked at a ton of combos, settled on this one as my favorite, and then read your post. Crazy.

But anyway, Oregon looks really sharp. I like wing pattern you used and the inclusion of the duck logo. I dunno about having the O on the back of the helmet being the standard...maybe better for just one special helmet. Also, I would use a standard block for the NOBs. That font just doesn't work.

I get the feeling that I'm never going to like any Oregon concept ever. Those wings are terrible. They don't look like wings, they look like fingers. The numbers on the helmet are a HUGE downgrade from the O, and the volt throwbacks are terrible.

All around, there isn't a single thing I like about this, but apparently, others do, so keep up the good work I guess.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I get the feeling that I'm never going to like any Oregon concept ever. Those wings are terrible. They don't look like wings, they look like fingers. The numbers on the helmet are a HUGE downgrade from the O, and the volt throwbacks are terrible.

All around, there isn't a single thing I like about this, but apparently, others do, so keep up the good work I guess.

I actually agree with you, spleenenator. When I looked at this yesterday, I thought that the wings and helmet numbers were huge downgrades.

I did enjoy your previous schools, so good job on those.

spacer.png

I never saw your other thread, so I have to say that those and these here are all unbelievable. The presentation is so cool. I've been sitting here playing with a whole bunch of these. I wish there was a way to get these into the video game.

Keep up the amazing work and I can't wait to see more.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I will say though, that if you make the wings look better, and less simple, that would improve the concept greatley.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Hmm I figured Oregon might not go over to well. They're a tough team to please people with. I will probably revisit them also before it's all said and done. Washington State will probably be next followed by USC. I can say expect drastic changes for USC. I wanna touch the untouchable because...well that's the fun of these pickers.

On that note I've gotten a few pm's about how to go about making them. If I get enough requests I suppose I could put together a tutorial on how to do it. For those go-getters who want to do it themselves without a tutorial, all you need to know is it's three of these awesome nivo-sliders stacked on top of one another. If you're familiar with any web design you shouldn't have a problem editing them to your fancy. There are a few settings that can be tricky to change though.

Anyways thanks for the feedback as always guys

WASH - White/Purple/Gold

OSU - Black (with Orange Helmet's Logo)/Black/Orange

ORE - Black/Green/Yellow

ORE2 - Grey/Yellow/Grey

(Oregon gets two because they are the best)

Can't wait to see what else you have in store.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Archived