NCAA Football Redopalooza

wyopokes2

Finding myself on Turkey break has given me a chance to make some college football concepts. I haven't done one for quite some time now and I am feeling one is long overdue. Recently I released a Wyoming Uni picker and and Oregon uni picker. I am taking what I have learned from that and using toward some concepts. All of the teams in this series will be in the mix and match format. I will post a few images of my favorite combos out of the set, but the rest is kind of up to you guys to explore the options. What team better to do first than my current school and employer, the Wyoming Cowboys. I wanted to do a western font with a modern twist. I really wanted to stay simple because as the fans have shown in the voting this year, they prefer things simple for us. I added a hint of barbed wire on the helmet and the pants, and included the new Mountain West logo. I'd like to thank AndrewHarrington for the amazing template!! Outstanding work on it. Here's concept #1!

Heres a link to the concept mix and matcher

2 favorite combos:

1322033456998.png1322033621917.png

Components:

Hemets -Brown, White, Yellow

Jerseys - Brown,White, Yellow

Pants - Brown, White, Yellow

Now its your part. What team should I do next (please keep it FBS) and what is your favorite combo from the previous set?

-----------------------------------------------

*Edit* Links to completed teams mixers below:

Wyoming

Georgia

Penn State

Ohio State

California

Miami

Michigan

Tennessee

Iowa State

Colorado

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the numbers, they look great and the concept overall is very nice.

May I ask what is up with your avatar and why the hell that nasty cowboy is on my great state. :grin:

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I love the numbers, they look great and the concept overall is very nice.

May I ask what is up with your avatar and why the hell that nasty cowboy is on my great state. :grin:

I have alot of family and friends from Montana and last weekend all I heard about was Cats and Griz. It was all over facebook and the Wyoming forum that I use. My friends kept saying either FTC or FTG (f*** the Griz/Cats). I just wanted to say f**** and go Pokes haha.

Great job on Wyoming. I like the font a lot, and the barbed wire is a nice touch. I would try putting on the jersey as a shoulder loop, just to add a little something to the jersey. And I LOVE the uni picker. Great idea there!

Can't wait to see some more.

Nice work on the picker. My one criticism of the uniforms themselves is that you have contrasting cuffs and collar on the yellow, which doesn't look quite right IMO. Everything else is interchangeable, but when you add that white element to the yellow jersey, it makes the brown pants look weird with it. Just my two cents. Nice work on everything else!

I also support your FTG sentiments, but only because my alma mater hates them. One of those "big brother/little brother" rivalries.

Now THAT is a concept!! I love the barbed wire pattern. I was planning on doing something similar, and the font is perfect. This is what I mean by creative!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Finding myself on Turkey break has given me a chance to make some college football concepts. I haven't done one for quite some time now and I am feeling one is long overdue. Recently I released a Wyoming Uni picker and and Oregon uni picker. I am taking what I have learned from that and using toward some concepts. All of the teams in this series will be in the mix and match format. I will post a few images of my favorite combos out of the set, but the rest is kind of up to you guys to explore the options. What team better to do first than my current school and employer, the Wyoming Cowboys. I wanted to do a western font with a modern twist. I really wanted to stay simple because as the fans have shown in the voting this year, they prefer things simple for us. I added a hint of barbed wire on the helmet and the pants, and included the new Mountain West logo. I'd like to thank AndrewHarrington for the amazing template!! Outstanding work on it. Here's concept #1!

2 favorite combos:

Components:

Now its your part. What team should I do next (please keep it FBS) and what is your favorite combo from the previous set?

It sure would nice if we could pick the combo and copy the image and paste it on this site. My favorite is Brown-Yellow-Brown

spacer.png

Ok, next round of the Redopalooza. Presenting the Georgia Bulldogs. I wanted to keep the "untouchable" look, yet add some modern flavor. The good thing about the mixer, is if you don't like one of the elements, then just forget it exists. If you wanna be a traditionalist then stick with the Red/Red/Silver and Red/White/Silver look. For the dogs I wanted to go subliminal. This helps achieve the normal look. I added a 1785 to the helmet decal, and the UGA arch to the numbers. I added gray and black elements to the set.

Heres a link to the Georgia mix and matcher

Favorite combos:

1322094851872.png1322095008222.png

Components:

Hemets -Red, White, Black, Gray

Jerseys - Red, White, Black, Gray

Pants - Red, White, Black, Gray

Let's hear it!

While I do have some nitpicks and preferences for your Dawgs set, I will say that I believe your method of presentation may be the best I've seen on the boards. The option for users to actually mix and match their sets to their liking is genius. Great work! My nitpicks are: the white trim on the red jersey. I feel like it weakens the look. Black is similar to what UGA currently sports and "toughens" up the look. I also think the black numbers on the red jersey look a little off. And regardless of preference, it seems like your wordmarks appear to be varying heights and widths. Other than that, I love your presentation and the overall concept is quite good!

2 favorite combos:

Components:

It sure would nice if we could pick the combo and copy the image and paste it on this site. My favorite is Brown-Yellow-Brown

Just capture it with something like Snag It, then save it and post it on the site.

Anyway, Georgia and WYO are both amazing, the red-gray-red combo is my favorite for georgia.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I'm loving this series, and I love the Georgia uniforms, but just a few things, what would happen with the number design if someone's number was only a single digit? And I know it's just a concept so it's irrelevant, but the bones wouldn't work so well because they different colors have a specific meaning.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I'm with Andrew Wagner on most of his points. I feel like the black numbers and white trim should be flipped on the red jersey. Also, the NOB font has to go. It's way to wide to work. I know you wanted to match it with the wordmarks, but I'd just go with standard block.

But, like he said, your presentation is incredible. I can see a lot more guys following your lead.

To answer some feedback, I use Illustator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver to put these together. I love the feedback and will throw up the changes proposed to the Georgia one. The nice thing about the picker is I can easily add an image to the rotation so it's easy to make proposed changes and keep the originals as a comparison. I hate to make you all feel like I'm rushing through and not taking advice. I really do like feedback, I just lose inspiration quickly and I'd like to do quite a few of these. I am going to post the next one while I make changes to the previous. I should mention that most of these are going to be pretty wild with lots of combos because it makes use of the style of concept and fits the trend of modern college football. Up next is the college in turmoil at the moment; Penn State. I wanted to again keep it traditional but give it some modern touches. If you are a traditionalist, then click the back button now!

Heres a link to the Penn State mix and matcher

Favorite combos:

1322108342452.png1322108514157.png

Honorable Mentions

1322110726221.png1322110883058.png

Components:

Hemets -White, Blue S, Gray, Blue Inverse (no longer primary)

Jerseys - White, Blue, Gray

Pants - White, Blue, Gray

Ohio State and Cal will be on the way!

Archived