T-birds contest

CJR

Wow... Thanks, Rog! I truly appreciate the kind remarks. That means a lot to me. :notworthy:

I'll admit that I'm pretty damn proud of how this one turned out, too. It took me forever because 1: I didn't have your Atlanta alt in the old template style, and 2: I had it in the new template style, but shrunken down like crazy. I had to guesstimate a lot of stuff, and quite frankly, I think it looks good.

Thanks again for the compliments, and for the kick-ass template and resources!

I'm glad that someone else out there is aware of my NHL "Make Your Own Jersey" files that I've been putting up. I have done, so far, every team except Boston and Buffalo. In most (not all though) cases, I got accurate measurements for the jerseys before laying them down. I've had to re-edit some of my resources to try and get them accurate looking. I haven't uploaded many of the new resource files yet. (I've used up 14.7 of 15.0 MB of my Geocities account so far)

I do still have almost all of my NHL jerseys in their 100% format. (All of them in BMP form, so they actually take up a lot of space) If anyone wants one, I can put it in GIF and mail it to them. (Note, I don't have the Bruins or Sabres yet, but once I do, I'll have the whole thing done and then, as Creamer and Kuhre have been endlessly wondering, it will "go public".)

Oh and thanks for the incredibly humbling words. It seems odd that people actually sort of look up to me, but when I realize that if all I've done is make their lives or jobs easier than it was worth it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Whatever it is, it will be 100x better than the Hawks 25th Anniversary jersey. We can agree on that, no?

Well, yes. Was that ever in doubt? :D

But hey... At least this does have one potential benefit: it'll give us a reason for playing Kermit the Frog's "It Ain't Easy Being Green" over the PA at the Memorial Coliseum!

Does the PA even work at the Coliseum? :D

Ooh! Now that was a cheap shot!

The PA may not be consistant at the MC, but at least I can look up and actually count championship banners in my building! :P

History is just that my friend.

Now if we look at this weeks CHL standings...

True, true... But remember, it's not always how you start but how you finish!

And hey, we can probably agree on one thing: we probably both hate Everett! :P

We do both hate Everett!

Here's what I wouldn't mind seeing.

102-0297_IMG.JPG

In green with a blue S outlined in white. The S wouldn't be as big as that R and it would have a tie-down.

I hope its not an Avalanche-style third. That's been done enough, and Koot already got one of those this year.

We do both hate Everett!

102-0297_IMG.JPG

In green with a blue S outlined in white. The S wouldn't be as big as that R and it would have a tie-down.

I hope its not an Avalanche-style third. That's been done enough, and Koot already got one of those this year.

Interesting... I wasn't aware that the Rebs had an alt. Was that from a few years ago, or are they still wearing it? Seing as how it's Nike, that's probably a couple years old...

Anyhow, I'm at work now, but when I get home tonight, I'll whip something together like what you're describing. I also have a couple other alt ideas in my head, too.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

We do both hate Everett!

Interesting... I wasn't aware that the Rebs had an alt. Was that from a few years ago, or are they still wearing it? Seing as how it's Nike, that's probably a couple years old...

Anyhow, I'm at work now, but when I get home tonight, I'll whip something together like what you're describing. I also have a couple other alt ideas in my head, too.

Yeah it's a couple of years old and I don't know if they brought it back this year after the alternate hiatus. I want to say that the replica shown wasn't close to the authentic which did have a thinner and smaller R.

102-0297_IMG.JPG

Alrighty OMMF...

Here's what I put together based on the image you posted and your suggestions:

SEATBALT02.gif

I added an extra layer of trim so it matches the idea from the Red Deer sweater, otherwise I didn't think it looked quite right.

And going back to one of my hypothoses regarding the T-Birds new alt, I got to thinking about which NHL alt template wasn't been swiped by a WHL team. And that's when I remembered the Flyers...

SEATBALT03.gif

I hate to say it, but I think I like the looks of the Seattle/Atlanta jersey compared to this one. If I think of anything else that the T-Birds might do, I'll post them as well. As usual, C + C are encouraged. :)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

102-0297_IMG.JPG

Alrighty OMMF...

Here's what I put together based on the image you posted and your suggestions:

I added an extra layer of trim so it matches the idea from the Red Deer sweater, otherwise I didn't think it looked quite right.

And going back to one of my hypothoses regarding the T-Birds new alt, I got to thinking about which NHL alt template wasn't been swiped by a WHL team. And that's when I remembered the Flyers...

I hate to say it, but I think I like the looks of the Seattle/Atlanta jersey compared to this one. If I think of anything else that the T-Birds might do, I'll post them as well. As usual, C + C are encouraged. :)

First of all, you do great work. I thank you for taking the time to do these.

Hmm. I hate the Flyers so I vote against number 3. ^_^ Number 2 is nice but I'm not feeling the S. Maybe in Comic Sans?

The more I think about it though, I get the feeling it would be gray and not green. We had green for about 10 years, and I just can't see us going back again. It's a different shade of green but I think we are trying to go forward, being the "next generation" and all.

We shall see this Saturday. Judging by the build up, we are probably just changing our name from Thunderbirds to Thunder Birds. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the delay in this.

Here is the new alt we debuted the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

large_authalt.jpg

I like that. If the thin blue stripe in the main body arch and the blue stripes on the cuffs were green instead, it'd be perfect.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived