New Era unveils new on-field sidelines caps

phutmasterflex

Saw the Browns hat in person yesterday. I like it, but please could New Era / Nike use this logo for more than just women's gear:

2tgfj27mexxtg6gt2mhwax6wr.gif

Looks too generic. Kind of like something you could find in Microsoft PowerPoint. When did they use this or is this a fashion logo?

Use it only on women's merch

70389454.png

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You younger folks don't remember but in the 90s the trend was to leave the TAG on the cap. So in other words this isn't some new age fad. It's always been around.

I don't remember seeing that in the 90s.

I never saw that either.

87Redskins.png

You younger folks don't remember but in the 90s the trend was to leave the TAG on the cap. So in other words this isn't some new age fad. It's always been around.

I never saw that either.

I can confirm it happened. I think Starter and maybe even New Era would stick a 3x3 cardboard white tag through the cap itself or one of the eyelets using your typical plastic fasteners. People would leave them on for some odd reason. Didn't get it then, don't get it now. I've never been the trendy type, though.

EDIT: Thought for sure Michael Bivins would have a tag on his cap, as he never met a trend he didn't like, but didn't find any. Somehow that led me to 2 Live Crew, in their post-Hurricanes era:

scandal_49_288x288.jpg

Best evidence I could find. There were a few caps out there shown by themselves with the old blocky tag still on them, but the sites were suspect. There was also a Beastie Boys picture where Mike D was wearing a flat-billed cap to the side. Scary.

I remember the Bulls having tags on their caps after winning the 1993 championship. So, being a young dumb kid, I wore the tags on my new Bulls cap for about a week before I decided it wasn't really cool. I don't remember seeing any tags on championship hats before that year or since, but yes, that style was big for at least a short time in 1993.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I remember it too. If I remember it was either to suggest it was stolen. Or the suggestion could be it was "fresh" (same reason or leaving the stickers on today as far as I know)

That's way I remember it, as well, although I was under the impression that keeping the tags on it was to signify it was still brand new, like you just bought it (or stole it). I can definitely recall a time where my Bulls script hat kept its tag for the better part of a year (circa 1992-93).

Moral of the story? Everything that's old eventually becomes new again.

I remember it too. If I remember it was either to suggest it was stolen. Or the suggestion could be it was "fresh" (same reason or leaving the stickers on today as far as I know)

That's way I remember it, as well, although I was under the impression that keeping the tags on it was to signify it was still brand new, like you just bought it (or stole it). I can definitely recall a time where my Bulls script hat kept its tag for the better part of a year (circa 1992-93).

Moral of the story? Everything that's old eventually becomes new again.

Hence the snapback trend.

I never saw that either.

I can confirm it happened. I think Starter and maybe even New Era would stick a 3x3 cardboard white tag through the cap itself or one of the eyelets using your typical plastic fasteners. People would leave them on for some odd reason. Didn't get it then, don't get it now. I've never been the trendy type, though.

EDIT: Thought for sure Michael Bivins would have a tag on his cap, as he never met a trend he didn't like, but didn't find any. Somehow that led me to 2 Live Crew, in their post-Hurricanes era:

scandal_49_288x288.jpg

Best evidence I could find. There were a few caps out there shown by themselves with the old blocky tag still on them, but the sites were suspect. There was also a Beastie Boys picture where Mike D was wearing a flat-billed cap to the side. Scary.

I grew up in the Bay Area and I never saw any of that, so maybe it just wasn't popular in my hood

Go A's!

Archived