New Era unveils new on-field sidelines caps

phutmasterflex

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Browns hats suck

They all suck. Everyone complained for years about how bad the Reebok hats looked. While I only liked a few of them, at least they were creative. All New Era can do is slap logos on a blank hat? awesome! Can't wait to see what they come up with for next year!

This is what they should have done since Draft Day. Use the 5950 fitted, and they can just be re-used until someone changes their logo. Hope it has the NFL shield on the back, and not the font of the team, or helmet.

Definitely getting a Packers one.

packersnewera.jpg

For whatever reason, the contrasting button without the contrasting visor really, really bugs me. I wish it were green all the way through.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

The Browns hats suck

They all suck. Everyone complained for years about how bad the Reebok hats looked. While I only liked a few of them, at least they were creative. All New Era can do is slap logos on a blank hat? awesome! Can't wait to see what they come up with for next year!

Give it time man.

They had the draft hats.

Now on field hats.

You think they won't be coming out with similar desings like they've done with the MLB and others? They won't fail to take advantage of that.

Plus as others have said, New Era fitteds are much better than Reebok fitteds. People like these hats, and I'm really glad as are others they came out with this simplified logo version. I also look forward to some out there desigins like they've done with skylines, alternate colors, and alternate logos.

2ly2w09.jpg

The Browns hats suck

Yeah! Who needs classy, simple fitteds when you can wear some overdesigned, redneck-style trucker hat that looks better suited to NASCAR? Explosions! Football!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

There's a fine line between refined and boring. I think these veer toward the boring side, myself. It's a logo on a hat, and not much more. I think the Cowboys hat is the best of a bunch, but only because there's a contrasting design element. The rest, to me, look like baseball mashups of football helmets -- which I'm sure is what New Era was going for.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

There's a fine line between refined and boring. I think these veer toward the boring side, myself. It's a logo on a hat, and not much more. I think the Cowboys hat is the best of a bunch, but only because there's a contrasting design element. The rest, to me, look like baseball mashups of football helmets -- which I'm sure is what New Era was going for.

I think it's been a good balance. The draft caps were pretty unique, loud in its own way and these caps are pretty simple and tame. I think New Era is trying to appeal to as many people as possible with these options

Go A's!

I think it's been a good balance. The draft caps were pretty unique, loud in its own way and these caps are pretty simple and tame. I think New Era is trying to appeal to as many people as possible with these options

To me, it looks like these hats complete the tucked-in polo, khaki and sneakers look. It's not a bad look per se, but not particularly interesting either.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I would get one if they weren't damn flatbills. At least you could wear a RBK flexfit like a normal baseball cap.

You know you can bend the bills of the caps so they curve, right?

That's like saying "Why not just iron out the curve of Flexfit?" Sure you can, doesn't mean it will look right.

Derek Lowe does it and it looks pretty much like what a flex fit does. Flex fits are not made to be flattened, but these 59Fiftys can be curved.

lowe-derek_940-6col.jpg

Except for the fact that I'm 99% certain that is a low-rise version of the 5950, which comes with a natural bend in the cap.

The point is, I know I'm in the minority. But for the few of us who enjoy wearing our baseball caps like actual baseball caps, there is way too much room in the crown of the cap for it to be wearable.

Then you should buy the right size that fits you. All 80 of my caps have bends in the curve and I have no problem with them. If you buy the wrong size hat, then you'll look like a moron.

All of mine were bought at Lids, and are all high crown version. Bend the brim properly (While on your head, and bend equally) and eventually your hat will fit right. Bend the brim in store before you buy it.

It's not some magical process to wear a hat, bend it and it'll work.

Thanks for the tip, :censored: . It never occurred to me to buy the right hat size. All this time I've been buying 8 1/8s when I'm actually a 7 3/8s. (You should see the way I go buying shoes)

Or, it could be that my head is simply a different shape than yours and that same hat fits differently on different people. Or maybe my preferred curve is smaller/larger than yours and thus the hat rests differently. But no, I'm probably the idiot doing it wrong. <_<

This is what they should have done since Draft Day. Use the 5950 fitted, and they can just be re-used until someone changes their logo. Hope it has the NFL shield on the back, and not the font of the team, or helmet.

Definitely getting a Packers one.

packersnewera.jpg

For whatever reason, the contrasting button without the contrasting visor really, really bugs me. I wish it were green all the way through.

I also don't like how it's yellow under the visor. I'd rather it just be black. Mainly cause I just want it to look that much more like MLB hats do.

90758391980.gif

Ugh, not a big fan of the Bucs using two different colors for brim and hat. I've never been a fan of that. I like one solid, unless there is a design or something that is a different color, but overall one base color.

The logos are a little big, seem too big, from the pictures. But I like these much better than the draft hats. I've never bought or liked the draft hats in many many years before, so I shouldn't be surprised or let down I didn't like and buy this years.

This is what I wanted from New Era though, a team color hat with the logo on the front. Just would prefer all teams be solid color.

And someone said something about the Bucs logo on a red hat, red logo on red hat. Why not? There is a red logo on their red jerseys. I wish they would have made it all red or all black or even all pewter. Just not the different color brim, looks weird to me.

Um...that alternate ship logo on the Buccaneers' jerseys is black, not red?though it does have a good bit of red trim.

As for this cap, if that gray was closer to actual pewter, I'd be all over it. Unless it's the lighting, that looks more like Ohio State grey to me. Pewter is much darker than that?and a touch bit "browner". But then, like someone mentioned, metallics, especially Tampa's pewter, ain't the easiest to translate into flat colors.

That said...I do love the contrasting gray/red...and think that pewter base is the way to go.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I would get one if they weren't damn flatbills. At least you could wear a RBK flexfit like a normal baseball cap.

You know you can bend the bills of the caps so they curve, right?

That's like saying "Why not just iron out the curve of Flexfit?" Sure you can, doesn't mean it will look right.

Derek Lowe does it and it looks pretty much like what a flex fit does. Flex fits are not made to be flattened, but these 59Fiftys can be curved.

lowe-derek_940-6col.jpg

Except for the fact that I'm 99% certain that is a low-rise version of the 5950, which comes with a natural bend in the cap.

The point is, I know I'm in the minority. But for the few of us who enjoy wearing our baseball caps like actual baseball caps, there is way too much room in the crown of the cap for it to be wearable.

Then you should buy the right size that fits you. All 80 of my caps have bends in the curve and I have no problem with them. If you buy the wrong size hat, then you'll look like a moron.

All of mine were bought at Lids, and are all high crown version. Bend the brim properly (While on your head, and bend equally) and eventually your hat will fit right. Bend the brim in store before you buy it.

It's not some magical process to wear a hat, bend it and it'll work.

Thanks for the tip, :censored: . It never occurred to me to buy the right hat size. All this time I've been buying 8 1/8s when I'm actually a 7 3/8s. (You should see the way I go buying shoes)

Or, it could be that my head is simply a different shape than yours and that same hat fits differently on different people. Or maybe my preferred curve is smaller/larger than yours and thus the hat rests differently. But no, I'm probably the idiot doing it wrong. <_<

You probably are. Let's start with some basic questions since I'm a Hatter (think Alice in wonderland)

Are your hats right, snug, or just right?

Do you wear your hat down to your ears and over your forehead or just below the hair line?

Do you prefer to keep them in pristine condition or are you willing to "break" them in like your size 16 pair of shoes?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived