New Era unveils new on-field sidelines caps

phutmasterflex

That chargers light blue one is awesome! To be honest I think all (well a lot) of these are awesome.

Does the Broncos outline seem thicker than normal? Makes it too chunky.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That chargers light blue one is awesome! To be honest I think all (well a lot) of these are awesome.

It does but I'm still going to get one anyway

Lots of the logos have bad outlines. The navy outline on the Chargers hats is giant (and the light blue is barely there). The Colts, Vikings, Texans and Saints' hats have unnecessary hat-colored outlines which mess things up. These hats could have been a lot better.

I can't tell from the picture, but hopefully the Bears' wishbone hat has the orange portion raised, not the white, as Reebok had done.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

heGf7.png

B)

Not a fan. Red is their primary color, so the hat should be red. Pewter doesn't translate as a flat color. This would be the PERFECT opportunity for New Era to use the shiny metallic fabric they formerly used for the Astros, Mariners and Dodgers. Make a red hat with a shiny pewter brim and it would be incredible.

red logo on a red background? no, i love the way they did it. the pewter is working. all the teams should follow that; haveing the logo on a different color background. Bills especially

I would say that the Panthers are an exception to that rule. Their new updated logo may look better on black than Carolina Blue. The image I get with the Panthers' logo on black is like a panther out in the wild at night--mostly hidden with some light. The raised logo on the hat seems to emphasize that. Now if only the NFL can allow alternate helmets and Carolina has a black alternate.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

heGf7.png

B)

Not a fan. Red is their primary color, so the hat should be red. Pewter doesn't translate as a flat color. This would be the PERFECT opportunity for New Era to use the shiny metallic fabric they formerly used for the Astros, Mariners and Dodgers. Make a red hat with a shiny pewter brim and it would be incredible.

red logo on a red background? no, i love the way they did it. the pewter is working. all the teams should follow that; haveing the logo on a different color background. Bills especially

I would say that the Panthers are an exception to that rule. Their new updated logo may look better on black than Carolina Blue. The image I get with the Panthers' logo on black is like a panther out in the wild at night--mostly hidden with some light. The raised logo on the hat seems to emphasize that. Now if only the NFL can allow alternate helmets and Carolina has a black alternate.

yea maybe. dosent really matter what you do with that logo, its just polishing a turd at best

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The Browns hats suck

They all suck. Everyone complained for years about how bad the Reebok hats looked. While I only liked a few of them, at least they were creative. All New Era can do is slap logos on a blank hat? awesome! Can't wait to see what they come up with for next year!

Yeah! Who needs classy, simple fitteds when you can wear some overdesigned, redneck-style trucker hat that looks better suited to NASCAR? Explosions! Football!

You just described every uniform you find appealing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Lots of the logos have bad outlines. The navy outline on the Chargers hats is giant (and the light blue is barely there). The Colts, Vikings, Texans and Saints' hats have unnecessary hat-colored outlines which mess things up. These hats could have been a lot better.

I can't tell from the picture, but hopefully the Bears' wishbone hat has the orange portion raised, not the white, as Reebok had done.

Yes. It looks particularly egregious on a one-color logo like the Colts. Looks to me like the white outline is raised on the Bears cap. The chunky outlines work for some logos, not so much for others, but I like the Bears one.

I really like the Browns cap, though. I'm ecstatic that they didn't use the helmet logo, and very intrigued that they went one-color on the lettering.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

heGf7.png

B)

The nfl does allow alt helmets they just have to be an exact replica of a helmet previously worn, so make the. Lack hamlet the regular helmet an have the one they have now as an alt

The Browns hats suck

They all suck. Everyone complained for years about how bad the Reebok hats looked. While I only liked a few of them, at least they were creative. All New Era can do is slap logos on a blank hat? awesome! Can't wait to see what they come up with for next year!

Yeah! Who needs classy, simple fitteds when you can wear some overdesigned, redneck-style trucker hat that looks better suited to NASCAR? Explosions! Football!

You just described every uniform you find appealing.

No I didn't. My description is closest to ugly overpiped atrocities like the Patriots or Broncos uniforms, neither of which I like.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Interesting the bears let NE use a contrast logo for the traditions "b" cause they used to make reebok use tonal logos for that.

As noted before, it was odd that the Jets and 49ers have black caps but I think it's because the head coaches both like to wear them. I think with Lovie Smith, he wears the "B" cap a lot so maybe that alternate was made because of him. As for the Dallas "D", I've seen that on the sideline enough to consider it an acceptable alternate

Go A's!

The Browns hats suck

It's not even that...I don't like the wordmark on there

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Interesting the bears let NE use a contrast logo for the traditions "b" cause they used to make reebok use tonal logos for that.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. That cap looks almost identical to the Reebok one I have, just with a bigger logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The nfl does allow alt helmets they just have to be an exact replica of a helmet previously worn, so make the. Lack hamlet the regular helmet an have the one they have now as an alt

Not quite. It has to be part of a throwback set. The Panthers are wearing what they have always worn, with the exception of the new logo. For your scenario to work, the Panthers would need to wear a black helmet with different uniforms currently, then throw back to the original uniforms with silver helmets and the original logo. And even if they did that, they would only be allowed to wear the original-logo'd silver helmets with the throwback uniforms. They couldn't mix and match.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived