New Era unveils new on-field sidelines caps

phutmasterflex

Really wish the Giants would have gone with a red hat too since a few other teams have 2 hats.

Also let down a little to see the Bucs not having another hat now seeing that quite a few teams had more than one hat.

2ly2w09.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really, really love these hats. I would like to buy all of them, but due to a lack of funds, I will probably only buy San Diego, Arizona, and maybe Houston, as they are my favorite teams. I'll definitely buy the red Arizona cap, but both San Diego caps are beautiful, so I'm not sure.

I'm not sure what to make of that Cowboys cap. It goes better with the throwbacks than the actual identity, scrambled as it is. No trace of silver at all and a whole lot of white? I swear Jerry Jones would switch to navy and white if he thought he could get away with it.

All that to say that cap looks fine, but all navy was likely a better way to go. And I'm a fan of simple. Some people are acting like New Era won't offer any other choices. Didn't the draft caps have three versions? There will be more caps, for every taste I'm sure.

And as far as bending the bills on 5950s? Been doing it since well before the flat bill fad came along. Probably a decade before. It's very doable.

Interesting the bears let NE use a contrast logo for the traditions "b" cause they used to make reebok use tonal logos for that.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. That cap looks almost identical to the Reebok one I have, just with a bigger logo.

Ah sorry I mean the manufactures logo. I left that part out.

'Then I searched online and found plenty with the contrast "Reebok" so nevermind. Must have been an old rule when they first came out with those. The "Traditions B" originally was exclusive to the Bears meaning you could only buy it from the Bears either online or at the stadium and it must have been then that they had the restrictions on manufactures logos.

Interesting the bears let NE use a contrast logo for the traditions "b" cause they used to make reebok use tonal logos for that.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. That cap looks almost identical to the Reebok one I have, just with a bigger logo.

Ah sorry I mean the manufactures logo. I left that part out.

'Then I searched online and found plenty with the contrast "Reebok" so nevermind. Must have been an old rule when they first came out with those. The "Traditions B" originally was exclusive to the Bears meaning you could only buy it from the Bears either online or at the stadium and it must have been then that they had the restrictions on manufactures logos.

They had different versions of the B cap. I don't remember off the top of my head if the vector on mine is the same color, but it's a synthetic cap and it has a Bears flag logo from the '40s on the back. They also made at least one more version, a wool one with the NFL logo on the back. I'm not quite sure why. I would have actually preferred the wool version, but I got it as a gift.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I have the following issues with 5950:

The price: seriously you want to cough up $35 for a hat. They should never be over $20

The look: straight up ghetto yo. Look around and see who rocks these. The sticker on the bill is a new low in sports paraphernalia.

Luckily 47 brand is licensed to make fan caps and their designs sport similar conservative designs. Plus, and this is what sets them apart, no manufacture logo to be seen.

The sports specialties design from the late 80s early 90s should be rereleased. You know the one Dan reeves and bill macpherson wore in the Athlon pro football preview mags.

The price: seriously you want to cough up $35 for a hat. They should never be over $20

The look: straight up ghetto yo. Look around and see who rocks these. The sticker on the bill is a new low in sports paraphernalia.

Luckily 47 brand is licensed to make fan caps and their designs sport similar conservative designs. Plus, and this is what sets them apart, no manufacture logo to be seen.

The sports specialties design from the late 80s early 90s should be rereleased. You know the one Dan reeves and bill macpherson wore in the Athlon pro football preview mags.

Have you checked the priced on 47 brand hats?

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Have you checked the priced on 47 brand hats?

what brand makes NFL hats for crotchety, aging and slightly overweight white men? does dockers make nfl hats?

I wear 59Fiftys and I don't keep the sticker on

As do I, with Dereks statement it sounds like anyone who wears a 5950 is "straight up ghetto."

The look: straight up ghetto yo. Look around and see who rocks these.

You care to elaborate on this statement assh0le?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

If you looked around youd see me. And youd see me with the sticker off and the brim bent and the crown demolished.

Also, 47 Brand Franchise hats don't fit me right because my head is too big. I have to wear the higher crowned 5950s.

You do realize you can peel off the sticker, right? In fact, it doesn't leave any marks if you do so. How the hat is worn is really up to the wearer. Yes, they fit the "urban" fashion, but they also fit perfectly with any other fashion. Some people like to rock the hat with the sticker on and in my opinion it doesn't look good, but oh well. While, I look like an idiot with the brim bent all the way, I do give it a slent bend. I have two 59fifty's that I wore often and I'm in no way "ghetto."

I noticed the Dolphins, Browns, Broncos, and Saints all have the New Era emblem on the side in team colors rather than the standard white and wish more teams did this. That's really my only complaint.

look at this guy. the nerve of him, 'pimping' this 5950 out in public.

Seattle+Mariners+v+New+York+Yankees+WXh9MvI2dlil.jpg

straight up ghetto thug if you ask me.

If he wore the cap with a straight bill and sticker w/the size on it then it would be somewhat ghetto. However, Mr. Jeter is wearing that cap the right way. Tugged down straight w/a bent brim.

Archived