Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

Flyers alt looks much better, good update. I like the road jersey alot for Montreal, but I think the home needs white numbers, which should show up better. Road jersey looks really great though, and looking forward to seeing that fleur-de-lis jersey you talked about.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a small update...

MTLCanadiens1.png

Changed the color around on the numbers. Also, included the logo for the alternate set (which I'm not happy with). The alternate set at the moment is put on hold. Due to a lack of ideas.

I don't think that logo is bad for an alternate. Try making a blue jersey with a white stripe, and that logo inside of it. Home jersey looks better with white numbers, nice job.

Cohenj.png

I got a couple ideas floating around as far as alternate goes for the Canadiens. In the meantime, finally was able to come up with something for the Ducks (after putting it on hold for a bit).

Anaheim Ducks

ANADucks1.png

Not much to say, the design was (in part) inspired by the San Diego Mariners of the WHA.

I like the concept and color scheme alot. I am glad to see you didn't use that script logo on the jerseys. The only thing I would suggest is to simplify the striping, especially on the hem but also on the sleeves. Right now there are just too many different colored stripes there for my taste. I won't tell you which stripes specifically to delete, because you should decide which ones you think are most important to the concept, but I would definitely try to clean it up a little. Other than that, solid job.

Cohenj.png

I (after looking at it) started feeling that is was too cluttered with the number of stripes. Though I still felt that posting the original. Didn't want to believe myself because I am always way too critical of any concept I do. Went back and did some reworking of the concept.

ANADucks1a.png

I cut down on the number of stripes and colors. To give it a cleaner and more traditional look.

Thanks, both of you. My next couple of concepts are going to be for teams that I have done concepts for in the past. That I want to do something new for. First up are the Columbus Blue Jackets, heres a preview via the logo verisons.

cbjlogoandcolor.png

Simplified the star on the logo. Included the two blue toned version of the logo because I am leaning towards going that route for their primary look.

The stripes on the Ohio flag are red, not light blue. If you want to use the lighter blue instead of red, you'll have to create/use a different logo.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The stripes on the Ohio flag are red, not light blue. If you want to use the lighter blue instead of red, you'll have to create/use a different logo.

I agree even though the logo looks good. Since you have to create a new logo may I suggest dropping gray becuase it was mainly used by the Confederates.

The look you have going with the two-toned blue is good, but I agree that if you are using the logo with the Ohio state flag, it has to have some red. I don't know what the balance there is, exactly, but BigBubba makes a point.

Cohenj.png

I was thinking behind the two toned blue version was if I were doing something similar to their current third. That jersey itself I am considering doing some simplifying to and if I were to use that logo, red would seem out of place (in my opinion). Still, up in the air on what I am actually going to do in regards to the actual look for Columbus. So, stay tuned.

Edit: Also, what I may be doing is using that popular unused Blue Jackets logo as the primary logo for the alternate.

Alright, worked on the concept (when I had the chance since I posted the logos). Pretty pleased with end results.

Columbus Blue Jackets (new)

CBJ3.png

Primary look is a merge of their current design with their original. The first alternate is the current third simplified with a simplified version of their original logo. The second alternate, not much to say. Was somewhat inspired by the Ohio flag.

Big fan of this set, especially the second alt, very creative design on that one. No problems on the primary jerseys either. The only thing I would work on is the first alt. Did you try using their current alternate with the blue hat and recoloring it? I just think if you are giing to use three logos, definitely keep the primary and the one on the second alt, but the blue hat logo I think fits better with your theme than the one you currently have on the first alt. Great job overall here.

Cohenj.png

Archived