Rivermen Entries (Has2916)

Has2916

These are my entries for the Peoria Rivermen Jersey Design Contest.

The first concept I was trying to do something modern that would stand out from the rest of the league. Anything else I could say is in the description written on the concept.

RyanHaslett-PeoriaRivermen1.png

This second concept I originally played around with the idea of two sets of stripes on each side of the yokes. Then I thought that it would be pretty unique to do yoke stripes with shoulder patches. At the beginning I had the logo, that is now the shoulder patch, underneath the wordmark in the style of Buffalo's recent thirds, but it just didn't look right. I'm quite happy with this arrangement.

RyanHaslett-PeoriaRivermen2.png

I got this idea from the recent promotion by the Tampa Bay Rays to wear fauxback jerseys from an era where they did not exist. I always find striping patterns from hockey jerseys of the 30's and 40's quite interesting. That's why I chose that era.

RyanHaslett-PeoriaRivermen3.png

Not 100% sure about the name shorted to "Rivs", but everything else is pretty good!

And if you're still taking tips on what you should tweak, here's my opinion. You should...

- Make the royal blue part in primary logo look like there's a wave in there somewhere. Right now, it looks like two lightning bolts swooshing through instead.

- Remove the yellow/white stripes from the navy yokes on the alternate. Or remove the logo. One or the other.

I didn't like calling them "Rivs" either, but if you go on their Facebook page, quite a few fans were calling them that. I thought using the RIVS logo would help them make a connection to the jersey.

Although I'm not a fan of nicknames on jerseys the first set is beautiful! The second jersey is okay but I think it just has too much going on. I would either go with just stripes or a logo on the shoulders. I really love the fauxback though! My only concern is that the contest page said that they would be wearing navy pants with the jersey. Regardless, great work on all of these!

Also, can we submit multiple designs?

• 3 weeks later...

These are my entries for the Peoria Rivermen Jersey Design Contest.

I got this idea from the recent promotion by the Tampa Bay Rays to wear fauxback jerseys from an era where they did not exist. I always find striping patterns from hockey jerseys of the 30's and 40's quite interesting. That's why I chose that era.

RyanHaslett-PeoriaRivermen3.png

Congrats on getting picked as a finalist!!

C'mon guys! Vote for him!

http://www.rivermen.net/jersey-poll

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived