Honoring the Military

wyopokes2

I recently worked up this post for my blog and I wanted to share it with the CCLSC faithful. I wanted to make some changes to the recent Wyoming football. I encourage you to please take a minute of your time and check it out the original blog because it contains the backstory of what I was thinking and what I took inspiration from. Also you can see the full size images if you do.

VISIT THAT HERE PLEASE

Here's the extremely simplified version for those of you who refuse to click that link:

-Wyo's camo uniform is ugly

-Simplify design, use one shade of camo, use unity across entire uniform

-Go all out if you're going to honor military

*custom military based patches like Oregon's spring game ones (They use a lot of skulls so I made it based off our secondary logo that's shared with OSU & NMSU)

Here's the pre-sketch of the patch logo:

20120807000859764.jpg

Final patch as it would appear on uniform:

wyopatchstitchedesmall.png

Final Uniform:

camof.png

Up Close Helmet:

helmetu.png

Let me have it either here or on the blog comments. I'm interested to hear what people think since the reviews of the actual uniform they released was overwhelmingly negative.

I recently worked up this post for my blog and I wanted to share it with the CCLSC faithful. I wanted to make some changes to the recent Wyoming football. I encourage you to please take a minute of your time and check it out the original blog because it contains the backstory of what I was thinking and what I took inspiration from. Also you can see the full size images if you do.

VISIT THAT HERE PLEASE

Here's the extremely simplified version for those of you who refuse to click that link:

-Wyo's camo uniform is ugly

-Simplify design, use one shade of camo, use unity across entire uniform

-Go all out if you're going to honor military

*custom military based patches like Oregon's spring game ones (They use a lot of skulls so I made it based off our secondary logo that's shared with OSU & NMSU)

Here's the pre-sketch of the patch logo:

20120807000859764.jpg

Final patch as it would appear on uniform:

wyopatchstitchedesmall.png

Final Uniform:

camof.png

Up Close Helmet:

helmetu.png

Let me have it either here or on the blog comments. I'm interested to hear what people think since the reviews of the actual uniform they released was overwhelmingly negative.

Your work is so much better than what Wyoming came up with that there is no comparison.

Packers-2.png

I really like the concept of making a militaryeques logo such as the one you made with the cowboy and the one that Oregon has made. Overall I think this is an amazing update on the jersey although I did like the camo top and solid torso jerseys that Wyoming has made this like I said earlyer is still and upgrade good job!

I saw the blog earlier today and instantly fell in love with the jersey patch (FWIW I also loved the oregon patch in the same vein a whole lot too). The jersey is solid, not anything spectacular but it does what its supposed to do, look like WYO and honor the military. But man I cant stop showing people that patch haha. Well done.

I saw the blog earlier today and instantly fell in love with the jersey patch (FWIW I also loved the oregon patch in the same vein a whole lot too). The jersey is solid, not anything spectacular but it does what its supposed to do, look like WYO and honor the military. But man I cant stop showing people that patch haha. Well done.

Thanks a lot! I wasn't quite sure what people were going to think of that. I started coming up with the uniform and got to thinking that a patch would be super cool. Both of my grandpa's collect military patches so I've always kind of had a fascination with them. A lot of super cool one's had skulls in them so it occurred to me that it could be cool to see what Pistol looked like as a angry skeleton. I'm in the department so I might pitch it over to see if they want to use it. They used a fan design last year as a decal so who knows.

Thanks a lot! I wasn't quite sure what people were going to think of that. I started coming up with the uniform and got to thinking that a patch would be super cool. Both of my grandpa's collect military patches so I've always kind of had a fascination with them. A lot of super cool one's had skulls in them so it occurred to me that it could be cool to see what Pistol looked like as a angry skeleton. I'm in the department so I might pitch it over to see if they want to use it. They used a fan design last year as a decal so who knows.

Thats awesome, good luck with that! if possible you should post some pictures of those patches cause I also think those are sweet. Keep us posted and again, sweet patch haha.

Your work is so much better than what Wyoming came up with that there is no comparison.

This x 1000.

Well done, wyopokes. Only thing I'd even consider about changing is putting "Wyoming" on the chest. But it's not that big of a deal.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived