Crazy sports dreams

johnnysama

I had a pretty amazing dream awhile back. I was in pads trying out for the Bears at training camp and when we finally got a break from running routes and crap I came across Jay Cutler sitting on the side of a building in the shade catching his breath. For like 15-some-odd minutes we just kind of talked about all sorts of stuff. He was polite and answered all my questions, came across as very misunderstood. Then we resumed practice and he threw some insanely hard passes my way.

It was awesome.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I had a dream a couple times when I was really young that I was at Comiskey Park all by myself. Nobody in the stands or on the field, just me in the middle of the stands. Not sure why I had those, nothing ever happened besides me being there.

I've had a similiar dream. I would be at Comiskey, but always in cramped crawl spaces or small rooms. There was a game on the field but I'd never see it because I could never get to the seats.

• 2 months later...

I had one epic dream the other night. It was 1923, I was the closing pitcher for the Boston Red Sox during a day game against the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. We had a 4-2 lead heading into the bottom of the 9th inning, I struck out the first batter on 3 straight pitches, but gave up a double to the second batter. The third one up popped up on the first pitch for an easy out. The fourth batter managed to make it to first. 2 outs, runners on 1st and 3rd, next batter: Babe Ruth. He fouled on the first pitch, got him with a called strike, and he swung and missed on the 3rd pitch. I struck out Babe Ruth to preserve the lead and win the game for the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium! I felt like such a boss. Then I woke up.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

• 2 years later...

I had a dream maybe last year that I was in at running back for the Browns and they had crazy uniforms with cream, silver, brown and orange and we were playing against the Steelers and James Harrison absolutely destroyed me and picked up a fumble for a touchdown.

And since it's Cleveland, we probably ended up losing, but I woke up.

I also had a dream a few years back that I was sitting in the crowd at one of my high school's football games wearing a full uniform, except for cleats. Late in the game, the coach called me in instead of my freshman brother and I caught one, but slipped before I reached the end zone.

spacer.png

Archived