An Alternate Universe's NFL (Philadelphia Eagles Helmet Reveal 01/15/14)

robbman21

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No real changes except for what has happened since the NIKE takeover, so the teams that are their Seahawks, Vikes, Jags, and Dolphins will get different treatments than they originally would have. As is the case with the Pats/Vikes and Rams/Dolphins, they were posted in the original thread so the changes between alt universe will be able to be compared. A couple if teams who's crossovers didn't work originally will be shifted around, as will their back stories if I chose to write them this time around. An update on what I've posted a few times now, my laptop's hard drive was unrecoverable, so when I restart this with new concepts it will be from scratch.

98Falcons.png

I've been doing some thinking this morning, and I'm thinking about "jobbing out" this series, the MLB one, and the planned NBA,NHL, and SEC ones, just because it seems like so much work that I could never finish it all by myself. I'd set standard templates and presentations for everything, and maybe still do the team write-ups myself and maybe do a team here and there, but act more as a director or executive producer of the whole project. I mean, if you think about it 4 years ago the thought of an "alternate universe" concept hadn't even been thought of and now they're commonplace in the concepts forum, and I'd like to think that it's because of this series, and that's why I'm so passionate about seeing it through in spite of all of the obstacles that have come up over the past four years. I'll still be leading the direction of where each concept will go, how logos will translate or uniforms will be laid out, but maybe giving the reigns up to other designers to let them be a part of things too. What are everybody's thoughts on that?

98Falcons.png

I've been doing some thinking this morning, and I'm thinking about "jobbing out" this series, the MLB one, and the planned NBA,NHL, and SEC ones, just because it seems like so much work that I could never finish it all by myself. I'd set standard templates and presentations for everything, and maybe still do the team write-ups myself and maybe do a team here and there, but act more as a director or executive producer of the whole project. I mean, if you think about it 4 years ago the thought of an "alternate universe" concept hadn't even been thought of and now they're commonplace in the concepts forum, and I'd like to think that it's because of this series, and that's why I'm so passionate about seeing it through in spite of all of the obstacles that have come up over the past four years. I'll still be leading the direction of where each concept will go, how logos will translate or uniforms will be laid out, but maybe giving the reigns up to other designers to let them be a part of things too. What are everybody's thoughts on that?

I would be on board for helping out with a little collaborative series with ya -- PM sent!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I would probably be willing to help out.

That would be great. Do you have some work here on the boards you could point me to?

Would be awesome if I could get the likes of buc or andrewharrington into this and see what they come up with.

98Falcons.png

I think I would probably be willing to help out.

That would be great. Do you have some work here on the boards you could point me to?

Would be awesome if I could get the likes of buc or andrewharrington into this and see what they come up with.

I haven't seen either of those guys around these parts for awhile -- Buc was/is the man though.

• 1 month later...

Well...it's official: Conrad and ren69's threads have now officially (and overwhelmingly) surpassed this one in "Greatest Thread of All-Time" talk hahaha...great job fellas! Seriously though for the work that you guys are doing y'all deserve every bit of praise you get...one thread is helping a legion of designers while the other is bringing new life to long-dead logos. I'm proud of my CCSLC brethren and anxious to see where the great artists here will take things in the future.

98Falcons.png

Archived