An Alternate Universe's NFL (Philadelphia Eagles Helmet Reveal 01/15/14)

robbman21

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy happy joy joy..... B)

But seriously, welcome back again Robbman.

While I'm looking forward to your new 'trip

the light fantastic', I do have one question;

will the revamps include ALL of Nike's 2012

uni changes? Lol, I'm gonna be VERY curious

to see the 'new' SeaHawks in this universe.

B) As well as my Jets. ^_^

Yes! All of my posts will feature any/all changes made to the uniforms since they were originally posted from 2009-2011, so it wont be just a re-posting of what's already been seen but in Nike's uniforms.

98Falcons.png

Looks fantastic! Any chance you could make available your Revo Speed helmet template? I've searched everywhere for a up to par front/back/side view with no luck.

I looked everywhere for a good front and back view as well, so...I made one myself lol. Just shoot me a PM with your email address in it and also let me know what format you need it in (AI/SVG/ETC)

98Falcons.png

HOUSTON TEXANS The Houston Texans began life as a gleam in the young eyes of Bob McNair, as he met with other businessmen to discuss forming a rival football league to the NFL. McNair originally sought to purchase the St. Louis Browns of the NFL, but when that fell through, McNair formed his own league known as the AFL, and his own team as well...the St.Louis Injuns. The Injuns won the AFL Championship in only their 3rd season in the longest football championship ever played,20-17 over the Denver Miners. The thrill was short-lived however, as the St.Louis market could not sustain two teams, and thus the Injuns left town and headed south to Houston, where they rebranded themselves the as the Texans. They went on to compete in the first-ever Super Bowl(then just known as the NFL/AFL Championship Game)where they were soundly defeated by the New York Giants 35-10. They would come back 3 years later however,and become the second-consecutive team from the AFL to knock off the NFL champion,giving the AFL one more victory before their merger with the NFL. Even though the Texans were one of the dominant teams of the old AFL, their success hasn't entirely transferred to the NFL. There have been good seasons registered under former head coach Dom Capers, but all have resulted in playoff heartbreak and usually followed by regular season disappointments the next year. Today the Texans are led by head coach Gary Kubiak as they hope to ressurect some of Houston's lost AFL glory, which included making the playoffs in 2010 for the first time in 4 years with a 10-6 record, but were soundly defeated in the playoffs - at home - 30-7 to the Arizona Cardinals. The slipped back a bit in 2011 to a 7-9 record, but hopes are high for 2012, with most experts predicting them to win the AFC South.

THE REALITY Former nicknames is about all the Chiefs and the 8-year old Texans have in common, as the Chiefs actually began life sharing the Cotton Bowl with the Dallas Cowboys and were then known as the Texans. The alternate Texans followed the opposite path, going from Missouri to Texas and helping shape a new era of pro football with the formation of the AFL. The Chiefs and Texans have faced each other four times,with the team splitting 2 victories and 2 losses.

THOUGHTS The Chiefs have such a timeless and no-frills uniform that these Texans wouldn't much stand out in a crowd the way they do on the fields of our world's NFL. I originally went with red jerseys and helmets to match the Chiefs, but that went against the guidelines I set for myself and so they had to stay navy. In the original thread's post, the Texans of this universe still had red alternate jerseys, but upon further reflection, I had to scrap them this time around because the actual Chiefs of our world do not have an alternate of any kind, save for the Dallas Texans uniforms they wore in 2009. I may possibly go back and do a St. Louis Injuns alternate for them at a later date. I also had originally made a logo that mimiced the bull's head of the Texans by having the waving red-white-and-blue flag inside the outline of the state, but I scrapped it to instead go with one that more closely resembled the inside of the Chiefs famous arrow-head.

Texans2012.png

TexansLogos.png

98Falcons.png

I like the Texans logo but I cant help but feel it would be more sucessful if the background shape was something Bull/Cattle related rather than the state outline. In KC they use an arrowhead rather than the state outline. It might tie to closely to the real world, I dunno was just a thought, cos for all the KC logo is simplistic the arrowhead gives it the impression of movement (or at least the potential for it) whereas states are pretty static.

9erssteve

ps I would also be interested in your Revo speed template if you're willing to share. Thanks.

9ersstevesig.png

This set actually looks like something the Texans could wear as a fauxback-type look. I feel like 9erssteve has a good idea with making the outline someing bull-related to give it an impression of movement, but other than that solid job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The Texans logo fits.

Considering it's supposed to be what the Chiefs are now, it makes even more sense to have an outline of Texas on the helmet, just like the old Dallas Texans.

That's exactly what I was going for when I did the logo that way originally three years ago. Thsi time around I tried a bull profile silhouette...too Bills-ish. Tried a bulls head silhoutte...not near Chiefs-enough. Tried a pistol silhouette with them both facing forward...but that would never work in today's PC world no matter what universe we live in. Same goes for a bullet shape, which I also tried and came very close to using, but in the end the homage to the old Texans is what came thru...just wasn't easy to cross-over with this one and I only paired the two because of their old nickname lineage.

98Falcons.png

The Texans logo fits.

Considering it's supposed to be what the Chiefs are now, it makes even more sense to have an outline of Texas on the helmet, just like the old Dallas Texans.

That's exactly what I was going for when I did the logo that way originally three years ago. Thsi time around I tried a bull profile silhouette...too Bills-ish. Tried a bulls head silhoutte...not near Chiefs-enough. Tried a pistol silhouette with them both facing forward...but that would never work in today's PC world no matter what universe we live in. Same goes for a bullet shape, which I also tried and came very close to using, but in the end the homage to the old Texans is what came thru...just wasn't easy to cross-over with this one and I only paired the two because of their old nickname lineage.

Yeah, actually wasn't thinking of the Dallas Texans reference when I suggested the bull silhouette. I still think it would look cool, but your reasoning makes sense and if you tried it and it didn't look good than this is probably the best route.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Don't the Texans wear navy? This looks black, but it may be my monitor. Either way, its a great concept, man. Hopefully, you'll do a NHL one after the MLB and NFL are finished.

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

The state shape works perfectly, IMO.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's great really. It's a logo that I think is what the Texans would have used had they not relocated and works great with your theme. Very well done to mimic the Chiefs current logo, but stands alone as a great logo by itself.

As for the uniforms, they look good, but I do think red would look better both with your theme of the alternate history, and aesthetically.

Archived