An Alternate Universe's NFL (Philadelphia Eagles Helmet Reveal 01/15/14)

robbman21

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of yes, I found a couple of similar poses on a clipart site that my work uses, so I took them and modified them to work in the 49er/miner context, and to also play the role of the dolphin through the years.

98Falcons.png

I can def see that...who's logo is that?

I posted it from my phone, and initially it wasn't appearing for some reason, so I found another image (that is appearing) and it's the Edmonton Oilers alternate from like the mid 90s to 2007 or so.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Ah ok got it. I guess I didn't make the connection because I always think of the Oilers as royal blue and orange, so the gold and darker colors threw me off. On these helmets I struggled with making them white and almost went with the gold, but I didn't think the striping on the new helmet would work out with a gold helmet. I may post them anyway just to get feedback. They could always be used when I get around to posting the whole uniform and back history.

98Falcons.png

Ah ok got it. I guess I didn't make the connection because I always think of the Oilers as royal blue and orange, so the gold and darker colors threw me off. On these helmets I struggled with making them white and almost went with the gold, but I didn't think the striping on the new helmet would work out with a gold helmet. I may post them anyway just to get feedback. They could always be used when I get around to posting the whole uniform and back history.

Yeah the Oil used dark blue, copper, and red for about 10 years.

Philly=Buffalo

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Well not exactly, a Colt 45 is a specific type of gun, so representing it as anything but that would be wrong. My thought process is that there's no way in this modern world would a forward-thinking league like the NFL allow a "guns-a-blazing" logo like that to represent one of its teams after x amount of years. Since a dolphin is an animal and a 49er a person, there's only so many parallels to modernizing them, ie the Dolphin is always going to look like a dolphin but the look/roll/image of a miner is going to change and evolve over time. And honestly other than the looks of the logos I don't see anything too terribly modern since those lighted minor helmets have been around at least since the 1920's, maybe before there was even an NFL.

I guess what it comes down to is my rules that I state back in the very first post, and also the fact that not every team can be a perfect match for whom they represent. I appreciate all the info, opinions, and feedback on this series for sure because without it I wouldn't keep going.

98Falcons.png

I love the newest set, the Lions one is especially inspired.

As far as the 49ers go, I like the updated miner, but if you need something less prone to 'overmodernization', you could always try with a gold nugget, with '49ers' imprinted in it or something. Fitting it into the mold of the Dolphins and the 49ers both might be a tad tricky though.

8VvwoNps.png

Archived