OKC Thunder alternate

officeglenn

This was supposed to be an entry in Event 1 of Logolympiad 2012, but an Internet gremlin kidnapped it on the way to the official email account and it didn't get posted in the voting thread. Still curious to see what y'all think, though ...

event1_officeglenn.png

Hee, great minds think... Well, not quite the same, but similarly: http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l636/logolympiad_ccslc/Logolympiad2012/Event1/event1_14.png

We both capitalised on the same things--the Thunder's wasted opportunities with the strong "OKC" wordmark and a stronger blue. I had thought about doing the swooshes on the sides but ended up thinking it wasn't strong enough. I do like your using the logo below the number on back, but the "butt thunder" has me giggling. Bold choice going for a totally different number typeface for the alternate.

All in all, you would have probably taken more points than me, I bet.

rATMcmK.png

Β 

Β 

I like a lot of what you have going on, I'm just not a fan of the colour balance. The script is just white and light blue, it could use some orange. Likewise the numbers are just orange and white, they could use some light blue. I like the idea behind the side striping, but just the light blue and orange on the navy looks like it's missing something, considering that the script and numbers both contain white. I'd try to incorporate white into that somehow, either with a third "stripe" or by adding some outlines or shading to the two existing "stripes." The striping along the hem of the shorts and jerseys and the collar look out of place because you've included gold, a collar that doesn't exist anywhere else on the uniform. I'd also shrink the script logo just a bit, so the left portion of the "O" doesn't seem so close to running into the side striping.

All in all I like the colour scheme choice (minus the gold) and I like the general idea (the OKC logo as the script, the side "stripes"), I just think the colour balance needs to be tweaked a bit.

Also, I'm not a fan of the primary below the numbers. I'd lose it all together or find a way to work it into the shorts.

Bold choice going for a totally different number typeface for the alternate.

That's really only because I didn't have the exact Thunder number font at work, where I do have CS3. This one I thought was along the same vein, though, and it looked pretty good.

LOVE IT. BUUUT move the logo from the "tramp stamp" area to above their name.

That's my one gripe also. I would get rid of it altogether.

I was just trying to do something a little different. There are so many teams with a logo above the NOB. And it needed the logo in there somewhere. I tried it on the shorts, but it was getting crowded with the angle the swooshes were at. The Thunder have "OKLAHOMA CITY" across the back of the shorts on their regular set, so I figured I'd switch that up with "THUNDER" on this one.

Full confession--I traced the numbers, which, if you look at a couple of my corners, is fairly obvious. The typeface that the Thunder uses for most everything is not a proprietary font, but it is on the order of $30 to purchase.

rATMcmK.png

Β 

Β 

Wrong. The reason this striping works great is because it would be the first time the weird stripes from the logo actually had a purpose. As it is now, they're just some odd logo element. With this set, it integrates nicely with the logo and makes a nice connection. It's still a weird logo element, but at least it's been given some sort of purpose.

khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gif

Archived