NFL Cardinals in blue jerseys?

Blue Falcon

I believe that is correct as well...I think some of the teams wore jerseys in a contrasting color at times - sort of like a clash kit in soccer. This was before White jerseys were introduced. (I'm speculating a bit here.)

Now, the countdown is on for the first poster to insist that the Cardinals also wore Blue jerseys in the '90s...based on the Blue fashion jerseys that were around...

(It didn't happen.)

Yeah even I know that the blue jerseys for the Cards never existed as a real jersey...just as a fashion jersey. I wanted one in the worst way when they were around.

I remember liking the Cards' blue fashion jersey, it was one of the better-looking fashion jerseys they made.

(I may or may not have owned not one, but two gold 49ers fashion jerseys...) *puke smiley*

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Thats what I figured this thread was going to be about when I opened it. I was pleasantly surprised.

Same here...either the fashion jersey or "Holy crap the Cardinals had a blue jersey in Madden 05 did they actually wear this>>!>!>1?!!?"

That being said, that's probably the main reason why I'm not shocked to see that the Cardinals did indeed wear blue jerseys at some point in their history.

The Redskins once wore BLUE uniforms for a game vs. the Brooklyn Dodgers. Apparently, the Dodgers insisted on wearing their red uniforms or just did not bring the blues and the Redskins had a burgundy that was close enough to the red to cause confusion. We had no white jerseys at that time, only one set which was B&G. Where we got the blue jerseys, I don't know.

nyt19oct1942snippet.png

Baugh+In+Blue.png

Is this what Slingin' Sammy looked like on a day in 1942 against the Dodgers?

Note: This amateur-ly colorized picture is not from that game, but a different game against the Bears.

Source:

The Gridiron Uniform Database: Go! Chargers! Go!

Brooklyn Dodgers Uniforms:

1942_Brooklyn.png

1942washington.png

87Redskins.png

Archived