Los Angeles Jaguars-First Alternate Logo pg 5

mcrosby

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is it! I miss the darker skin tone but this looks like the Aztec theme you were going for. Is that a dark green or black you're using I can't tell. I hope green as that would make this logo even better. Lastly, I don't mind the name change as the logo itself is a tribute to the jags. Good stuff man!

The only slight issue I have is that the Aztec's eye is in shadow (which is fine I love it that way) but that the Jag skin he's wearing still has refelction in it's eye. It kinda throws off the heirarchy of the logo, it gives the life to the skin if you know what I mean. You could spend ages trying to draw in whites on the Aztec's eye but I'm not sure that would be a good thing. If I was you I'd just remove the highlight from the Jag's eye and that should do the job just as well.

Other than that I love it! Awesome job, well done.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I actually like the Jaguar with the eye a bit more "alive looking". I get that as a head-dress, it's not a living thing and graphically it may look more balanced that way but to me it's almost like old Jaguar logo has lost it's soul now and the Aztec guy (LA) has killed the old team whereas before I read it more as a unity of the old franchise and new.

That logo keeps looking better each time I see it. The wordmark is a bit bland compared to the primary though. If your not too attached to it I have a suggestion. This font I think matches the logo better and has a bit more life to it like the older wordmarks used to. I'm on my cell so I go through hell posting pics...here's a link:

http://all-free-download.com/free-vector/vector-logo/el_torito_78792.html

I think something like this would look awesome. Again great work and can't wait to see the uniforms.

Archived