Los Angeles Jaguars-First Alternate Logo pg 5

mcrosby

Well, I did have a topic, then the boards updated, and the topic was gone....so I'll start another.

If the other topic comes back, mods, can you merge the two?

I originally posted this guy:

Picture20-3.png

It was received as too Flying Elvisy.

I did a quick update based on feedback and this is where we are at. It needs updating to the back feathers, line weight, etc..this is just a rough concept and will benefit greatly from C&C. Inspiration from the Jags current logo, the SDSU logo, and apparently the Flying Elvis. Please refrain from making this a flame war over which team is moving blah blah blah. This is just a logo concept, nothing more.

Picture21-3.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really like the update in skin tone and more feathers... but i really miss the swooping slashes of color that you took away from his face when you were trying to make it less patriotesque.

it really added a feeling of motion that is missing in the new version. he went from pouncing jaguar warrior to "guy wearing a jaguar on his head while he watches the game."

I love the new version but I don't feel those colors work for an L.A. based, Aztec inspired team. I'd say keep the skin tone as is but replace the teal with red and green. Those colors would blend in nice with the gold/yellow tone of the jaguar. It'd be a nice nod to the L.A. flag, give off that tribal feel, be unique in the NFL, and most importantly set these jags apart from its Jacksonville past. Oh and that subtle L.A. is pretty cool.

Here's an update. For now I'm sticking with these colors, but with enough feedback in the other direction I may change it.

For this update: A mix of Elvis and "guy just wearing jaguar on his head while he watches the game." I also updated the feathers, and added a leopard print to the cheek.

Picture24-3.png

PETA would never allow it, lol.

As for the logo, I like the it. I'm not sure of the cultural significance of the Jaguar, is there some backstory or was it just an idea you had? Either way I think its a cool direction you took it.

In Aztec culture, Jaguar Warriors or Jaguar Knights were one of two groups of warriors who were considered 'elite'.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

what i really liked about the very first concept with the turquoise man was how the jguars teeth extended to the back of the head. add that to your most recent update and i think itll be perfect

The reason for removing that was to avoid it looking too much like New England's Flying Elvis. I'm trying to work out a way around it.

I don't really know why, but the back of the logo seems to be the weakest part. It feels like there is no sense of direction, but I know you can't really do much to fix that without it turning into the Pats logo. This is a really interesting concept though. It was nice to see something different than just an angry Jaguar head.

I prefer it with the neck. What about having the back of the mouth coming down further, but without the jaw? As if it's draped.

I love this concept though, perfect blend of franchise tradition and a new direction, with some regional ties thrown in. One small change I would suggest would be to change the name to "Jags." Would further the idea of a new direction, and be a better representation as the team would be representing Jaguar Warriors as opposed to jaguars. Excellent work, though!

I would go with Option A as well, Option B is giving me a little too much of a Flying Elvis vibe.

Also, I would consider changing the name to Aztecs, as I think it still represents a new start in LA while still tying in to the old team.

spacer.png

I would go with Option A as well, Option B is giving me a little too much of a Flying Elvis vibe.

Also, I would consider changing the name to Aztecs, as I think it still represent a new start in LA while still tying in to the old team.

Both are way too close to the patriots logo.

Patriots-Logo1.gif

Archived