Los Angeles Jaguars-First Alternate Logo pg 5

mcrosby

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been visiting this board for ten years and I can honestly say this is the best concept I've ever seen here. My only suggestion would be to make the numbers red on the away/white jersey. I feel like that would make it jibe more with the home uni. Keep the "Jaguars" green though.

Looks great...I'm getting a Barcelona Dragons vibe from the helmet and color combo.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I see what you mean about it looking like a dream catcher. Maybe try using the monogram inside of the sun that is on the stripe. California sun and whatnot. I like how you incorporated the spots though so hopefully you can include those in there somehow. In fact for this logo I'd lose the feathers and put emphasis on the spots as they are still the jags.

White pants are definitely a great option. let's see them with the red jersey, and I still think they'd look fantastic with a green alternate.

Just noticed something, doesn't the NFL require full-length socks, not the halfway ones that the NCAA allows? I think you're going to need a color there.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Just noticed something, doesn't the NFL require full-length socks, not the halfway ones that the NCAA allows? I think you're going to need a color there.

I think you're right....though the template I'm using only has the half length....so just pretend.

As for color combos, you'll see more when I post the green alt. I want to make the green jersey something different than just a recoloring of the red and white, so feel free to send any ideas this way.

Any update on that secondary logo?

Not yet, been making apple and pumpkin pies all weekend. You understand.

I really like what's going on here it's all original and great work! If you don't mind my asking what format is the uni template you are using in?

I've been photoshopping the LSU 2011 Pro Combats. It's less of a template than an original image that I've been tweaking.

Also, I'm stumped on an original 3rd jersey instead of a simple recoloring, so PLEASE throw some ideas out there. We'll call it a fan submission. You may even submit crudely drawn concepts and I'll work from there.

Thought about it, and I looked back at the original prototype uniform they unveiled in 1995 when Jacksonville was awarded the franchise. How about a gold stripe that starts at the end of one sleeve, goes across the shoulders and ends at the other sleve in the shape of a swiping paw? The gold stripe could have Jaguar spots. This way the uniform looks more like it has a jaguar skin draped on it like a ceremonial outfit. The front of the green jeresy and sides of the pants could have red "slash marks" like someone simlated claw marks in war paint before battle.

Since this concept is not chained to NFL uniform standards I thought of an alternative helmet as well where the entire logo is a jaguar head and the jaws and teeth are around the front of the helmet including making the facemask white. The feathers would also be on the sides but bigger. The helmet becomes the Jaguar headress in the logo with the players' faces actually simulating /taking place of the warrior's face in the logo.

EDIT:

This is what I had in mind, except on the prototype jersey it was the entire jaguar body leaping and only on one sleeve. I'm suggesting just the paw and forearm going across both sleeves almost in a Tennessee Titans shoulder from end to end....OR beyond that have both sleeves have paws.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/71776-nfl-concept-jerseys-1995/

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I think this is an awesome concept, but I think it would be even better if the guy in the logo had his eyes open. He looks like he's squinting or something, like Mr. Magoo. Also, on the undershirt with the jaguar spots, I think that would work better if the shirt was gold.

Any update on that secondary logo?

Not yet, been making apple and pumpkin pies all weekend. You understand.

I really like what's going on here it's all original and great work! If you don't mind my asking what format is the uni template you are using in?

I've been photoshopping the LSU 2011 Pro Combats. It's less of a template than an original image that I've been tweaking.

Also, I'm stumped on an original 3rd jersey instead of a simple recoloring, so PLEASE throw some ideas out there. We'll call it a fan submission. You may even submit crudely drawn concepts and I'll work from there.

No worries man. Thanks for the update.

I think making the spots the focus of the alternate might be cool to see. Possibly making the shoulders where the feathers are gold with black spots and the body of the Jersey green with white numbers. I'm not sure what pants to use though. Honestly this alt. uni has me stumped because its not just a different color(as you said you didn't want) but a new design.

• 3 months later...

What about changing the name from Jaguars to Jaguares. I believe that's the way its spelled in Spanish. Also, when spelled out, Los Angeles Jaguares has a nice symmetry to it.

Great work though...very impressed with the logo, colors and helmet design.

Archived