NFL Week 8 Uniform Thread

ksupilot

Thoughts:

- The Steelers looked on the outside exactly the way I feel about them on the inside. They should wear those uniforms for every game because they embody that team perfectly.

- The Bears throwbacks go against everything I stand for in uniform design, but there's something about them that I like.

- The Browns should never wear all-white at home. The Brown jerseys are their best look and you should wear your best look in front of your home fans.

- The Seahawks look better in gray pants on the road. The green stripe on the blue pants sticks out too much with the only other green on the uniform being on the front and back numbers, it's an unbalanced look.

- The all-white combo for the Jaguars is the best that uniform can look. I'm glad they've worn it for most of the season.

- The Titans in light blue over navy blue pants continues to be the worst look in the NFL and the worst part is that they could solve all their problems by just switching to the white pants.

- The Rams and Patriots game looked awful. Two navy pants with similar striping schemes going against each other is not going to endear the Brits to this game. Nor is the horrible matchups they keep getting.

- I continue to hate the Eagles' black jerseys. Their green is so dark that the black jersey is unnecessary.

- Raiders-Chiefs will always look great no matter if they're in Kansas City or Oakland. It's my favorite uniform matchup in the NFL.

I'm hoping you're joking about the Steelers throwbacks, flat out awful. As bad and maybe worse than Denver's mustard look with the bowling socks from AFL Legacy in 2009

Agree ... love the Bears throwbacks, but ...... after we see the Redskins in their simulated looking leather helmets we're going to realize that all teams wearing 30s and 40s throwbacks should wear a helmet like that to bring out the old-time look.

Browns too .... wear brown & white at home, and for heavens sake bring back the orange pants for road games.

Seahawks, need dominantly white socks when wearing the blue pants, and need to dump the monochrome at home once and for all. It's tired!!

Jags .. saying that yesterday is the best they could look? Well to me the best they could look was in their early seasons with their currrent helmet. If they wanna look like a Jaguar like Cincinnati does with the Bengal than make the helmets and sleeves with Jaguar pattern. They to me need a major overhaul and IMO oughtta go back to their 90s look.

Agree 100% about Tennessee ... wear white pants!!!

Patriots are fine, but their 1963 throwbacks are far superior to their 80s throwbacks they wore against the J-E-T-S

Rams .... awful ... go back to the gold pants full-time, and bring back the blue & white '65-'71 LA Rams look as throwbacks. The helmet decal is awful, the angular look they had from the George Allen era was perfect, especially with the angular look in the very front of the helmet. At least fix them when Kronke moves them back to LA where they belong ;)

Also agree with you on that no-purpose black jersey look for Philly. Wearing their 1960 kelly greens as a throwback should be a no-brainer. They were popular nationwide.

KC vs Oakland will continue to look the best as long as KC continues wearing their red away pants. When they wore their all-whites in Oakland and LA several years back it was totally lacking.

Bills ... didn't play yesterday but really need to wear the dominantly white socks on the road with the blue pants, the same socks or similar to what was worn early last season with the all-whites. No blue at the top of the socks!!

The 1970 Rams horns as shown below ... angular and perfect!!!

5262140.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts:

I'm hoping you're joking about the Steelers throwbacks, flat out awful. As bad and maybe worse than Denver's mustard look with the bowling socks from AFL Legacy in 2009

No. That A-hole franchise should dress like A-holes all the time (not that their current uniforms don't look stupid).

Jags .. saying that yesterday is the best they could look? Well to me the best they could look was in their early seasons with their currrent helmet.

I meant that the best they could look with their current uniform. It's almost a consensus around here that the uniforms they wore in the late 90's are the best they've ever looked. If I had my way they'd be wearing the Mark Brunell uniforms tomorrow.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Steelers looked awesome. I lost count of the number of dumb locals who "hilariously" made the bumblebee comparison, but good on the franchise for having the guts to do something distinct and fun while honoring the team's history. Obviously it can't be a full-time look, but I don't understand the hate for stripes - I have the same love for them in black & gold as I do for the Senators barberpole. Loved the tan pants and the socks, though the girlfriend suggested that the socks were "too much."

I liked the Steelers throwbacks as a one-time thing. I only wish they wore it against another team or that the Redskins didn't wear gold pants. There was just too much gold in that game.

And I think the Broncos are quickly falling into the same categories as the Titans. People loved the alternates and wanted to see them all the time only to realize that they were better off with what they had at the beginning. I'm all in favor of seeing the Broncos in orange full-time, but this uniform set was not the time to do it. They just should have stuck with the blue until they were ready to roll out a redesigned set meant to have orange as the primary.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Pittsburgh's bumble-bee throwbacks should of had helmets with the simulated leather look like the Redskins are going to be wearing with theirs, coming up soon.

Redskin_Throwback_Leather_Helmet_Revised.jpg

I meant that the best they could look with their current uniform. It's almost a consensus around here that the uniforms they wore in the late 90's are the best they've ever looked. If I had my way they'd be wearing the Mark Brunell uniforms tomorrow.

I copy ya.

That entire JAX uniform set whether home or away is a complete mess, similar to how I view Tenneessee's

As much as I love the Jaguars. The uniforms are an abomination and 2013 set couldn't get here any quicker.

I'm afraid that their new uniform will be even worse, as publicly stated they plan to have a predomately black uniform and even more reduction of teal and gold so how can they really be any different than what they are wearing now ? They just want to be black and white.

Archived