NFL Week 8 Uniform Thread

ksupilot

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphins should've worn their agua pants today on the road against the Jets. Would've been a beautiful matchup.

I love the Aqua pants and wish they would wear them more often.

On the road, I agree. I love their all white look at home though. Teams with white helmets look amazing in all white.

Disagree...These are some nice looking uniforms:

150712972_extra_large.jpg

and their alternate is sweet as well:

dolphins.jpg

Probably unpopular here, but those Orange Unis are the best look they have

Dolphins should've worn their agua pants today on the road against the Jets. Would've been a beautiful matchup.

I love the Aqua pants and wish they would wear them more often.

On the road, I agree. I love their all white look at home though. Teams with white helmets look amazing in all white.

Disagree...These are some nice looking uniforms:

150712972_extra_large.jpg

and their alternate is sweet as well:

dolphins.jpg

Probably unpopular here, but those Orange Unis are the best look they have

Not their best, but a great look.

I don't get the love for the Bears throwbacks. They're just dumbed down versions of their normal homes which are great. The font is worse than their normal font, the numbers in all orange are harder to read from far away and just look worse than white with an orange outline, the stripes look much better with outlines, and of course the helmet looks better with the logo on it. There's nothing that I like more on the throwback than their normal uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't get the love for the Bears throwbacks. They're just dumbed down versions of their normal homes which are great. The font is worse than their normal font, the numbers in all orange are harder to read from far away and just look worse than white with an orange outline, the stripes look much better with outlines, and of course the helmet looks better with the logo on it. There's nothing that I like more on the throwback than their normal uniforms.

THANK YOU. The Bears should not have an alternate jersey. I know so many people that love the throwbacks, but they're just a worse version of the traditional homes.

330zl3b.png

THANK YOU. The Bears should not have an alternate jersey. I know so many people that love the throwbacks, but they're just a worse version of the traditional homes.

I prefer the Orange alternative to the throwback myself.

spacer.png

Never noticed this before, but I just flipped to the Chargers/Browns game and the Chargers' bolt on their helmet is yellow and the bolt of their jersey shoulders/sleeves is gold. Makes their ugly uniform even worse.

I noticed that too. I just thought it was because it was raining and the rain was changing the color or that it was dirt.

Same here. There's something about the orange looks for both the Bears and the Dolphins that really work for me as an alt. I looked at the Bears throwback in the same way as you guys today: It just seemed pointless and inferior to the normal unis. I generally don't mind losing the white outlines in the HD era, but the overall look - especially the blank helmets - really doesn't do anything for me that the normal unis don't.

Funny, the reason I like the throwbacks is the way the orange contrasts the navy. I never once thought the unis were bad in and of themselves.

Midway.png

I like the Bears throwbacks more than the regular uniforms because I prefer the navy/orange without any white to break it up. I think it looks very... new on the jerseys and socks, but still is a great traditional striping. It's like it feels bright and bold, almost like piping. The simplicity is nice.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Same here. There's something about the orange looks for both the Bears and the Dolphins that really work for me as an alt. I looked at the Bears throwback in the same way as you guys today: It just seemed pointless and inferior to the normal unis. I generally don't mind losing the white outlines in the HD era, but the overall look - especially the blank helmets - really doesn't do anything for me that the normal unis don't.

I like the Bears throwbacks but not as much as their orange alternates and definitely not as much as their home uniforms. It's fun to see them break them out every once in a while, because it's fun to kinda see how their uniforms evolved over the years, but it definitely shouldn't become part of their regular uniform set.

I disagree. Whenever that look has been paired against each other it's looked bad. Something about the Dolphins' shade of teal with the Jets awful shade of green just clashes with each other.

pennington.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I disagree. Whenever that look has been paired against each other it's looked bad. Something about the Dolphins' shade of teal with the Jets awful shade of green just clashes with each other.

pennington.jpg

Two things are clear here: one, the Dolphins have consistently had one of the better looks since their inception into the NFL, even with the current Machine Block numbers (which IMO aren't nearly as bad as some people claim they are), and 2) can the Jets get back to kelly green already???? (And update that uniform set while they're at it.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Broncos are in orange. What a shame. That top would be better with blue pants.

Strike 2 for you in this thread.

First of all, the stripes on the blue pants wouldn't match with the blue stripes on the orange jersey. It'd be the problem the Vikings have with white-on-white except ten times worse. Second, they wear blue socks, which would create the dreaded leotard when worn with the blue pants. Third, orange on blue simply would not look better than orange on white. That is, unless you want them to look like a team that plays above the high school level.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Thoughts:

- The Steelers looked on the outside exactly the way I feel about them on the inside. They should wear those uniforms for every game because they embody that team perfectly.

- The Bears throwbacks go against everything I stand for in uniform design, but there's something about them that I like.

- The Browns should never wear all-white at home. The Brown jerseys are their best look and you should wear your best look in front of your home fans.

- The Seahawks look better in gray pants on the road. The green stripe on the blue pants sticks out too much with the only other green on the uniform being on the front and back numbers, it's an unbalanced look.

- The all-white combo for the Jaguars is the best that uniform can look. I'm glad they've worn it for most of the season.

- The Titans in light blue over navy blue pants continues to be the worst look in the NFL and the worst part is that they could solve all their problems by just switching to the white pants.

- The Rams and Patriots game looked awful. Two navy pants with similar striping schemes going against each other is not going to endear the Brits to this game. Nor is the horrible matchups they keep getting.

- I continue to hate the Eagles' black jerseys. Their green is so dark that the black jersey is unnecessary.

- Raiders-Chiefs will always look great no matter if they're in Kansas City or Oakland. It's my favorite uniform matchup in the NFL.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived