A new look for the Chicago Rush

rvrdgsfn

http://www.arenafan....l&article=10733

The Arena Football League has completed the sale of the Chicago Rush to a new ownership group, led by Julee White of Testarossa Entertainment. The acquisition was finalized Monday, November 12, 2012.

“Additionally, we are implementing new marketing and social media platforms to better engage our fans, including a newly branded logo and team color scheme"

I got a bad feeling about this... I like Chicago's current look.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Arena Football League (especially today compared to 2005, when the AFL seemingly peaked) doesn't have too many strong brands.

I like Chicago's identity but if they're gonna change, then they're just gonna change. All you can do is hope the change is better or at least as good as what it is now...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Testarossa Entertainment

Gotta have a good feeling about a design coming from a company that names itself after the standard-bearer for garish overcompensation.

By the way, the Rush sold for less than a million dollars.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think they should have stuck with navy. Those unis were fine for the first 10 years or whatever. The silver helmets the past one or two years with black unis are underwhelming. Based on recent rebrandings in the AFL, I fear the worst. Also, that sale price is sad. Wasn't it the NY Dragons that were sold for $14 million? The AFL sure botched things up. Thought maybe the AF2 would be able to operate a smaller-market league on a lower budget, but I'm not so sure it's working out.

The atmosphere at post-reboot Rush games hasn't been great, but they were fun to go to back in the day.

• 2 months later...

An update: the AFL has severed its ties to the owner they announced just three months ago, and the team's 2013 season is in doubt, in part because the new owner didn't bother to book an arena for all its planned home dates. OITGDAFL.

Look for no changes to the Rush's look for 2013, assuming they take the field at all.

nav-logo.png

The Rush have a new owner already, but it might just be a shell company with the league actually running it still. Allstate Arena looks promising again, as long as they can make a deposit.

Apparently the AFL's CBS deal depended on it. No Chicago team, no contract. Strange, since the national broadcast schedule is the most spread out ever. I think every team gets a home date, so it wasn't like they were filling it with Rush games (maybe road games, I'll have to check).

I can't imagine they'll bother with new unis. If anything, I hope they only have a bunch of navy helmets sitting around...

EDIT: Fixed typos. Sloppy.

Christ, whar a cluster.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

An update: the AFL has severed its ties to the owner they announced just three months ago, and the team's 2013 season is in doubt, in part because the new owner didn't bother to book an arena for all its planned home dates. OITGDAFL.

Look for no changes to the Rush's look for 2013, assuming they take the field at all.

Good God, even the ABA's owners at least had the presence of mind to book a place to play. Now said place may have been a high school gym and they skipped out on the rent, but at least they bothered to schedule a place.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Let's meet the the Rush's new shell operator owner!

Mr. Staral, 33, is a co-founder of Chicago-based private-equity firm shut down its broker-dealer operations last year. The decision to shut down followed a September settlement of charges by the Securities and Exchange Commission that Advanced Equities misled investors in a client, according to a report by Fortune.

Sounds legit!

Also, this piece describes him as a "serial entrepreneur", which is one of the best euphemisms for "leaping scam-to-scam while trying to stay one step ahead of the Feds" I've ever heard of. Really captures the malevolence in just two words.

Five years ago, this team was drawing non-padded crowds of 13-to-16 thousand for every home game. They now have 250 season ticketholders. The way this has all gone is so very sad. Please just die already, AFL. No one's left to miss you.

Five years ago, this team was drawing non-padded crowds of 13-to-16 thousand for every home game. They now have 250 season ticketholders. The way this has all gone is so very sad.

How does this happen? Was it all because of one lost season? Was it because the game rules had changed for the worse and the talent had declined with it? All of the above? I'm honestly stumped how you go from 13,000 to a relatively empty house that fast.

I can vouch for the full houses, as I made it to one or two games a year. When I returned the first year back it was pretty much "sit wherever you want" territory.

How do you lose that many people that fast? I know it's not MLB or NHL, but still.

The lost season (and immediate eradication of major-media recognition) obviously hurt, but I think the revolving-door ownership, which has consistently underfunded the team and done zero promotion, has done more damage than anything. That most of this has apparently occured at the direction of Jerry Kurz is a testament to his unflinching incompetence. It took a hell of a concerted effort to kill Arena Football in this town, but by God, I think he's done it.

Good point on the media. Even the Trib staffed every home game until the year off. I don't remember them doing that once they returned. I agree that Kurz deserves all of the criticism directed at him. It's a weird AF2/AFL mix and I think they took the worst parts of both instead of the best.

• 1 month later...

Reppact has found the "new" Rush logo, and it's every bit as half-assed as you'd expect.

chicagorush2_zpsa25bbf60.jpg

Also, I found what may possibly be the primary logo in an ad on CBS Chicago. It fits in with the "eh, screw it, just throw some red in there" theme.

61072_CBS-CHICAGO-LOCAL-PROMO_SKIN-CHICAGORUSH_20130311.jpg

Reppact has found the "new" Rush logo, and it's every bit as half-assed as you'd expect.

chicagorush2_zpsa25bbf60.jpg

Also, I found what may possibly be the primary logo in an ad on CBS Chicago. It fits in with the "eh, screw it, just throw some red in there" theme.

61072_CBS-CHICAGO-LOCAL-PROMO_SKIN-CHICAGORUSH_20130311.jpg

America.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I saw these today, too. I wonder if they just did this because the three-week "owner" promised a new logo. What easier/lazier way to make it more Chicago than add red like the flag? Everything is hurried this season with the turmoil, they should have just used whatever unis they had lying around.

Wouldn't be surprised at this point if they wore the stupid black/silver alts with the new decal slapped on the helmet.

Let me know if you find any free tickets for Rush games this season. I'd like to add this next to the Fielders on my list of "trainwrecks I've witnessed in person".

Archived