Idaho vandals stadium

lancealot

I was watching a documentary on cheerleading and they were interviewing and showing footage (the footbge didnt seem very old) the Idaho vandals cheerleaders at a football game. They were playing at an indoor stadium (not a dome like a gymnasium) against Boise state. I was wondering if this was just a pre season game or where they used to (or still do) play, it didn't seem very big so I was just wondering.

been there for a ULM/ Idaho game in 2001. Cool , quirky place. Goal posts were mounted on the walls. It's a multipurpose facility (BB, VB and Indoor track use too)

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I would have thought it would be because it so small, thats why I asked you guys. Why is there less seating available for basketball games

It looks like they put a floating basketball floor at the 50 yard line then put up curtains to provide a background for the shooters. Playing basketball inside a dome isn't uncommon. For many years the Spurs played in the AlamoDome as well as the 2008 Final Four. I've actually been to a football game and basketball game at the Alamo Dome. (1998 Alamo Bowl, Purdue vs Kansas State and 2008 Final Four, Kansas, Memphis, North Carolina & UCLA)

KUHawks.png

And for basketball they call it the Cowan Spectrum inside the Kibbie Dome. The seats you see here are just on three sides and the left side is the stadium seats you see in the football pic above. I'm from Moscow and we had our highschool grad ceremony here too.

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBhMaHR0cDovL2Rpc3RpbGxlcnlpbWFnZTkuaW5zdGFncmFtLmNvbS82ZTM0NjQ3MjNhNjgxMWUyOGRiYTIyMDAwYTFmOTdlNV83LmpwZxQCFgASAA&s=y-vGmaE7glEA9OBgeV-bjMx8CPQy45w_UPGYa3TmQmE

YBCSNDCZCVVKEEH.20110414172127.jpg

All in all, great venue for a Big Sky team, which is where Idaho is going back after the 2013 season.

Not to thread-jack, but I've always had a soft spot for Northern Michigan's Superior Dome. Supposedly it's the largest wooden dome in the world.

232304847_6d54ff5b77.jpg

1367.jpg

Archived