Comcast's new logo

BadSeed84

So Comcast owns NBC, but they're changing their logo to the NBC logo, but it'll say COMCAST beneath it?

Q0toN.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is this for specific use, like their TV networks? I can't imagine the actual company changing their logo as it appears on billing statements, buildings, etc. Especially since they just went to the current lowercase version a few years ago.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thumbs down if that's really the new logo. Even if you took the NBC logo off it's still plain text in a plain font.

I'm not even sure why there was a need to incorporate the Peacock into the logo. NBC is probably one of many companies Comcast either owns or operates. Also, it's Comcast that provides the cable, Internet, phone, etc. not NBC. Another factor is that NBC kind of has a bad reputation right now and incorporating NBC's logo onto Comcast's damages Comcast by association.

Well it was 5 years ago when comcast last changed their logo, which was really minor (Hell Im sure alot of comcast signs never got changed to it, who would really notice?)

http://www.undercons...ets_niptuck.php

It was 1999 when they went to the general lowercase logo.

Xfinity is still gonna be Xfinity.

I was referring to the move from squarish capital letters to lowercase. Guess it was longer ago than I thought.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Comcast tree of companies is an absolute mess of identities.

Some are allowed to use the Comcast name, some are separated from it. Some are allowed to use NBC, some are separated by it. Some are allowed to use the Peacock, some aren't.

And there's no rhyme or reason.

For instance, the recently rebranded NBC Universal steered clear of the Peacock or any other semblance to the known NBC identity, yet Comcast comes out with their new logo and they use the Peacock.

It's just bad, bad, bad.

Archived