Open Wheel Racing Chat 2013

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2013 Previews and Predictions (Part 1 of 7)

F1: I think it will be a competitve year this year but it is going to be hard to top the parody that was last year. Expect Lotus to be strong because If they leave Kimi alone he knows what he has to do to win. McLaren is going to be a wild card IMO because Button is strong and consitant if the car wont brake down. Plus, Perez WILL win a race or two if so the USGP is going to be bigger. Red Bull and Ferrari's rivalry is going to be back with Massa trying to prove he belongs and Webber trying to make a strong case that he's not RBR's Guinea Pig, and then theres two people you might have heard of,Vettel and Alonso

Champ: Vettel/Alonso (Flip a coin thats whose getting it. It WILL come down to Brazil again)

Dark Horse:Perez and Webber

Teams Champ: Red Bull (Newey is a genius and the RB9 will be the car to beat)

What Will happen: Mercedes and Lotus get more wins

What Might happen:Marussia and Caterham get points

What most likely won't happen: Sauber becomes a threat once again with Nico Hulkenburg proving he made a smart choice with leaving Force India

World Endurance Championship (Le Mans/ALMS) is Next

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Hmmm good picks, I do like the choices so far but let me see....

F1 predictions:

Season:

Te final era of the engines we are now familiar with will make this one of the toughest seasons to pick. The big 3 all are up for a challenge while Mercedes & Lotus Renault will come biting at the heels. Alonso & Massa are confident but will that stop "Das Wunderkid" or will he get his 4th straight, joining the ranks of the F1 elite. Hamilton is also going to prove that he can take Mercedes to the next level & Sergio has big shoes to fill. Plus, I'm gonna say this, don't count out Kimi

Champ: I'm gonna say Alonso, I think he can stop Vettel but it will be by the slimmest of margins.

Dark horse: Kimi, I would love to see this happen.

Constructors: Ferrari

What will happen: Lewis will get his first win with Mercedes

What might happen: Force India & Marussia folding after Brazil

What most likely won't happen: Mark Webber, your F1 world champ....

baltimoreravens.png

2013 Previews and Predictions (Part 2 of 7)

World Endurance Championship/Le Mans

Audi's reign as top dog is offically over. Thats sums up 2013 in a nutshell as Toyota is looking to improve on a stellar debut season with the TS030 and with two full time entries in the WEC expect them to bring the fight to Audi. As for the Four Ring Boys they once again have updated their R18 E-Tron Quattro with new areo and body work. Expect P1 to be a dogfight as this is the last year of the current regulations. GTE is going to be the class to watch outside of LMP-2 because of the shear amount of cars in both classes. Porsche is "back" with a Factory program to get ready for their LMP-1 campaign in 2014, but their main challengers does not come from Europe but the good ol' USofA with the 2 V's, Viper and Vette.

LMP-1 Champion/Le Mans Winner- Audi Car #2 Kristansen wins yet another 24

Manufactures Champ- Toyota if they can stay out of trouble.

Drivers Champ- Allan McNish and Tom K

LMP-2 Champs- Starworks Motorsports

GTE Pro Winner- Corvette Racing

GTE Am winner- Doesnt Matter so any Porsche team

GTE makes- Vette

What Will: Audi Wins At Le Mans :shocked:

What Might:Viper also wins at their return to Le Mans

What Most Likely Wont:That Hydrogen Power car finishes at Le Mans

NEXT: V8 Supercars

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

1125504_article_img_large3.jpg

This is a thing of beauty. At least we can tell them apart now, get to work BMW.... Now hopefully Audi gets in the game. As for WEC predictions, I have to agree, I think this may be the last year of Audi dominance until the big boys come in, not just Toyota but Porsche will be involved and other rumors keep flying, with Ferrari, Jaguar, Nissan, Bently etc.... Audi thought they could breather after Peugot left, not so much after this year. So onto the predictions.

LMP-1 Champion/Le Mans Winner- Audi Car #2

Manufactures Champ- Toyota

Drivers Champ- Allan McNish

LMP-2 Champs- Lotus

GTE Pro Winner- Corvette Racing

GTE Am winner- A Porsche team :P

GTE makes- Vette

What Will: Corvette Wins At Le Mans

What Might:Toyota wins LeMans

What Most Likely Wont: Delta Wing wins Le Mans

baltimoreravens.png

hmmm, I would've thought that was it, it looked different but I guess it was the picture angle. Well in other news looks like Scorpion racing won't be involved with HRT, in a bit of irony, a auto recycling company bought there assets & one car went to Pirelli, as a test car...

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/8506009/HRT-cars-sold-to-recycler

Well, I'd still like to see a American team in F1.... Some day I suppose.

baltimoreravens.png

According to Niki Lauda, Vettel & Red Bull are going to be partners for a long time... but we all how things change in the world of F1. We are going to be hearing about this all season & next...

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-sebastian-vettels-red-bull-contract-long-term-niki-lauda/

Sebastian Vettel is locked into a "long term" contract with Red Bull, according to Niki Lauda.

Triple world champion Lauda, now the Mercedes team's chairman, revealed he is aware of the precise term of the reigning world champion's current deal.

"I know Sebastian's contract with Red Bull and it's long term," the famous Austrian told Italian television Griglia di Partenza.

"That's why we didn't try to take him under contract at Mercedes," added Lauda.

At the same time, Red Bull team owner Dietrich Mateschitz told Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport daily that Vettel is committed until the end of 2014.

"Anything else was never in question," said the billionaire.

But what about 2015 and beyond? Would Red Bull consider signing Fernando Alonso, should German Vettel be wooed to Ferrari, who have ruled out putting the two together?

"If he (Alonso) is still racing, then why not?" Mateschitz said.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived