The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might it finally be time for the Predators to fire Barry Trotz? I think he's taken this thing juuust about as far as it's ever gonna go. If they draft high enough to get an impact player, they need to rethink their entire approach, as any numbers of these guys would be horribly wasted on "The System" that's been in place there. Could you imagine if Kane or Tavares or god forbid Sidney Crosby was made to be nothing more than another piece in The System?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've been asking that question since about the midway point of the season. You lose one top-line defenseman and your whole trap system goes right in the dumper? Good luck with that.

Depending on what Filip Forsberg's got, he could be the one that renders Trotzpuck extinct.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They're in a terrible sort of limbo, organizationally. Matching Weber's offer sheet was the dumbest thing they could do. Oh, but they're such a Smart Organization. Every year they get the most bang for their buck. Well, here's the Perennial Fiscal Responsibility Trophy:

20110818-006m.jpg

And yep, Lumbus was 5-13-3 before they hit that hot streak. They also took 9 of 10 possible points against Detroit. Wouldn't it be a riot if it came down to that?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why do I get the feeling that in a couple of years or so, a team will be dumb enough to take Weber's contract off the Preds' hands?

It would be good to see Nashville try to develop an offense for once.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Overheard on Coyotes telecast:

Tyson Nash: "I don't know what you think, but Niemi has been the better of the two goaltenders."

The score is 3-0 Sharks through 51 minutes

Overheard on Coyotes telecast:

Tyson Nash: "I don't know what you think, but Niemi has been the better of the two goaltenders."

The score is 3-0 Sharks through 51 minutes

Ek3YcWs.gif

whiskey21.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You can laugh all you want, and heaven knows I certainly did, but the fact that Tyson Nash was able to individually and confidently postulate that perhaps, at least in his assessment of the situation, the goalie who had gone 31/31 might be better than the goalie who had gone 33/36 represents a brave and promising step toward Reality-Based Thinking in the great state of Arizona.

Nah, I can't post the Mike Smith whack .gif on consecutive nights.

You know what we really need to do with that thing? Superimpose different faces over Dustin

Brown's, to make it a .gif apropos for every situation. Because, sometimes, Dustin Brown isn't always the person to blame.

In case you were wondering, it was LaBarbera in net for the Yotes tonight.

Just an awesome game where the Sharks pummeled a team they're better then. In terms of seeding, its weird, I'd rather play the Ducks or Canucks then the Kings or Blues.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Nah, I can't post the Mike Smith whack .gif on consecutive nights.

You know what we really need to do with that thing? Superimpose different faces over Dustin

Brown's, to make it a .gif apropos for every situation. Because, sometimes, Dustin Brown isn't always the person to blame.

In case you were wondering, it was LaBarbera in net for the Yotes tonight.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

though I do appreciate having the facts reported.

spacer.png

I think Columbus was 5-16 at one point this season.

That sounds about right. It's been a pretty solid turnaround all things considered.

Anyway, another big road win for the Jackets tonight. (We were doing BASS so I didn't get to watch the game, but Andy did manage to drop the radio feed into the show for a few minutes.) With only one home game remaining and that lone home game being the last one of the season, I think the Jackets are going to need a minor miracle (I don't know, maybe they need a major miracle) to make the playoffs. All I know is that, back when the Jackets were 5-16, if someone had told me they were going to be in the playoff hunt in the last week of the season, I would have thought that person to be quite insane.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

It's actually funny, because I was listening to BASS tonight (and seriously considered calling in at some point, but never mustered up the complete nerve to do so), and the last thing I heard was that the "Jackets are gonna lose", since it was 3-2 Avs with about two minutes to play. Then my feed went dead.

It actually makes me wonder what kind of delay there is, if any, because the score was definitely 3-3 at the time I heard that comment. I also remember an earlier update saying 2-1 CBJ when it was definitely 2-2 at the time (and had been for several minutes). It was weird, because CS made a comment about the Blackhawks winning at the exact moment that game went final, so I don't know.

(I'll also have to make sure I have Ustream set up better next time. I got ads about every 13 minutes, and damned if it didn't start to really piss me off.)

spacer.png

It's actually funny, because I was listening to BASS tonight (and seriously considered calling in at some point, but never mustered up the complete nerve to do so), and the last thing I heard was that the "Jackets are gonna lose", since it was 3-2 Avs with about two minutes to play. Then my feed went dead.

It actually makes me wonder what kind of delay there is, if any, because the score was definitely 3-3 at the time I heard that comment. I also remember an earlier update saying 2-1 CBJ when it was definitely 2-2 at the time (and had been for several minutes). It was weird, because CS made a comment about the Blackhawks winning at the exact moment that game went final, so I don't know.

(I'll also have to make sure I have Ustream set up better next time. I got ads about every 13 minutes, and damned if it didn't start to really piss me off.)

Check the BASS thread, I'm curious about this.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, if the Kings could stop referring to the Blue Jackets as "Lumbus" in their daily playoff outlooks, that'd be great.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived