The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And why not?

He deserves it.

He doesn't deserve the cover since he's had mediocre numbers compared to years past.

Also, he's almost 41 years old! If I were a part of the NHL or EA Marketing team, I wouldn't want to put Martin Brodeur anywhere close on the cover.

I would most likely place an up-and-coming star on the cover, for example, John Tavares, P.K. Subban or Sergei Bobrovksy.

I think this is correct

Blue Jackets are in if:

- Detroit loses all 3 games in regulation, CBJ beats Dallas on thursday or some combination of Dallas losing two of their last 3

- Detroit goes 1-0-2, CBJ goes 2-0-0

- Detroit goes 2-1-0, CBJ goes 2-0-0

- Detroit goes 1-1-1, CBJ goes 2-0-0

- Detroit goes 1-2-0, CBJ goes 1-1 or better

- Minnesota goes 1-2-0, CBJ goes 2-0-0

- Minnesota goes 0-3-0, CBJ goes 2-0-0, or 1-1-0 and Dallas loses two of their last 3

there's probably more, but who cares. Needless to say Thursday's game at Dallas is huge.

Writing about all kinds of different scenarios to get into the playoffs.

Must be the tail end of a leagues' regular season. These are always my favorite kinds of posts to see, because damned if I'm not doing the same thing come late December every NFL season.

I would most likely place an up-and-coming star on the cover, for example, John Tavares, P.K. Subban or Sergei Bobrovksy.

Well, Subban plays for a French-Canadian team, and Bobrovsky is a Russian not named Alex or Geno, so that kinda rules them out.

spacer.png

And why not?

He deserves it.

He doesn't deserve the cover since he's had mediocre numbers compared to years past.

Also, he's almost 41 years old! If I were a part of the NHL or EA Marketing team, I wouldn't want to put Martin Brodeur anywhere close on the cover.

This is for a career not the last few years, next season will likely be his final one and this should be part of the farewell tour.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

My inclination is Tavares, yeah. Putting a goaltender on the cover of a hockey video game is probably the dumbest thing I'll read today (though who can say what the day shall hold). Advanced crossbar-thanking action technology!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Tribune has more of the dialogue between the Vancouver reporter and Keith:

Thomson: “Can you talk about what happened after the Daniel Sedin goal?”

Keith: “Which one was that one?

Thomson: “The third goal.”

Keith: “The third one? Well, we scored one goal after that I think and the game ended 3-1.”

Thomson: “Right after the goal when you were on the ice with Daniel. Right after he scored. You remember?”

Keith: “I went off the ice and took a minus. I don’t know. What are you talking about?”

Thomson: “Nothing. Just checking.”

Keith: “What did you see?”

Thomson: “It looked like maybe there was a penalty that went undetected. You seemed a bit frustrated.”

Keith: “Oh, no. I don’t think there was anything. I think he scored a nice goal. The ref was right there. That’s what the ref saw. We should get you as a ref maybe, eh?”

Thomson: “Yeah, maybe.”

Keith: The first female … ”

Thomson: “I can’t skate, though.”

Keith: “The first female referee. You can’t play probably either, right? But you're thinking the game like you know it? Okay, see ya.”

krustywhatthehellwasthat.swf. Okay. So basically she keeps needling and needling, rather passive-aggressively, to get him to say he fouled Sedin, then when he finally gets tired of it, points out that he should have gotten a penalty but didn't (on a goal that counted). Now someone has pointed out that it was indeed a delayed penalty call that was nullified by the goal, so this bitching about an "undetected penalty" is rooted in falsehood anyway.

This isn't about sexism, this is about Vancouver still feeling wronged over the Keith-on-Sedin headshot last year which robbed them of their rightful--and they'll tell you it was rightful and not let you forget it--Stanley Cup. Women are pretty strong. Strong enough not to need all the lame-ass white-knighting of millions who still aren't over being on the business side of a cheap hit for once.

And why not?

He deserves it.

This is for a career not the last few years, next season will likely be his final one and this should be part of the farewell tour.

Tank, Brodeur's best years were from 1995 to 2004 and not from 2005 to Present.

Therefore, he still shouldn’t be on the cover.

I'd rather have a goalie on the cover when they revamp the goalie AI and stuff. Which isn't coming in this generation of consoles anyway, so...

This!

Wheeler ties it at 2, Caps score two in succession. I don't see them coming back from that in the third, so there you go, call them the Same Old Thrashers. The funny thing is that Cheveldayoff is such a total draftard that they picked at #14 the last two years anyway; they just did it a little earlier.

Well, after watching the twitter feed during last nights game, Pittsburgh is no longer one of my favourite teams.

Which means Calgary is no my third.

I'm good at this.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Archived