The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd pay a surcharge to the RSN on a league package to get the local games and not pay for extended-tier cable. This will happen eventually as the traditional cable model decays and decays.

We are only getting a la carte TV when congress steps in, and since they are on the take and specifically being paid by cable companies, it won't happen any time soon.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I find it so odd how these Jets fans are booing two of the most talented players in the world (Crosby & Malkin) everytime they touch the puck. I understand 'haters gonna hate' but when these guys are skating up and down the ice and have such a presence making beautiful plays.. Just mind boggling

Congrats to Detroit Red Wings Joakim Andersson on his first NHL goal, a beauty at that.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I find it so odd how these Jets fans are booing two of the most talented players in the world (Crosby & Malkin) everytime they touch the puck. I understand 'haters gonna hate' but when these guys are skating up and down the ice and have such a presence making beautiful plays.. Just mind boggling

Congrats to Detroit Red Wings Joakim Andersson on his first NHL goal, a beauty at that.

I can understand booing Crosby but not Malkin.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This new interference on the chip play is total garbage. Craig Adams tries to chip the puck to himself to split Jets dman Zach Redmond and Redmond simply gets in his skating path. Redmond called for interference. So how exactly do you expect the guy to defend that play? What a joke of a 'penalty'.

Braves.jpg

And the Jets continue to play 'How many games can we lose in Thrasher-like style?'. Whatever, thanks for the two points! Great debut for Beau Bennett. Looked like grinder out there but I think he'll develop into a different role with more experience.

Braves.jpg

So, that Viktor Fasth is pretty good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I have a feeling that if not this season, then next, it will be like Giggy/Bryzgalov all over for the Ducks.

Kari Lehtonen leaves the game vs. Vancouver. Not to fear Stars fans, it's not his groin for the 284583845839245748489594th time.

Or did he?

https://twitter.com/...625324246659072

And OH MY GAWWWD Jake Allen.

Braves.jpg

Brand new Jets, same old Thrashers.

Gooooooooooooo LOTTERY

So who is leading that division at the moment? Tampa's imploding, Washington's awful, Florida may or may not even exist, and Winnipeg is apparently playing for the draft. Is it Carolina?

*checks*

It's Carolina. Wow. Lucky them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Brand new Jets, same old Thrashers.

Gooooooooooooo LOTTERY

So who is leading that division at the moment? Tampa's imploding, Washington's awful, Florida may or may not even exist, and Winnipeg is apparently playing for the draft. Is it Carolina?

*checks*

It's Carolina. Wow. Lucky them.

Ottawa might as well join the losers. Top 2 players sidelined? Yeeahh...tank.

Braves.jpg

Archived