The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Edit: It's a crappy SO win, but it's a win.

Enjoy the flight home. dickheads.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw, come on guys...

Hey, just be glad that there's only one more Blackhawks-Canucks game this season.

As a sadist, I hope they meet in the playoffs. We need some more flamewars around here.

Alfred_Pennyworth_Michael_Caine.jpg

Some men...some men just want to watch the world burn.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So who's the first to say it was a clean hit and Hossa was just admiring his pass? except for the part where there's nothing clean about dropping a forearm on the back of someone's neck, and there wasn't really a pass to be admired?

They probably will, having got a point when they were down 3-1 after 40.

They'll also be happy that they took out the best team's best winger, because that's the kind of sorry operation you guys have out there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Shanabanhammer is coming for Hansen. No question about it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Shanabanhammer is coming for Hansen. No question about it.

Your faith in the league is sadly misplaced.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So who's the first to say it was a clean hit and Hossa was just admiring his pass? except for the part where there's nothing clean about dropping a forearm on the back of someone's neck, and there wasn't really a pass to be admired?

They probably will, having got a point when they were down 3-1 after 40.

They'll also be happy that they took out the best team's best winger, because that's the kind of sorry operation you guys have out there.

It's not like a Hawk concussed the best winger on Vancouver last year and messed up Vancouver's season.

Or no, it's exactly like that.

Oh, sorry then, the intent to injure is completely justified. I'm sure the league and everyone else outside of Vancouver will see it that way, too.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I can deal with the Canucks playing with intent to injure; that's their game and always has been. I can deal with them taking Louganian dives; that's always been their game as well. But to follow the former with the latter that swiftly is just so galling. This is the worst sports team.

Not that I know of. Teams just take liberties with the Blackhawks because they suck at fighting back, and when they do fight back, they always get dinged with instigator penalties. Phoenix freely pushed them around in the playoffs last year. Same thing.

Canucks coach Alain Vigneault, “It wasn’t even a penalty. ... Until Toews went out to talk to them, it wasn’t even a penalty.”

With all due respect, Alain, kindly go sit-and-spin on a saguaro.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

When Canucks coach Alain Vigneault was asked about Chris Simon's two handed axe-handle to Ryan Hollweg's jugular in 07, Vigneault replied, "It was a hockey play. Chris was going for the puck and must've thought it was up near Hollweg's throat. It wouldn't have been a penalty if it wasn't for those meddling kids."

twitter

If someone drafted an idea, where fans could take cactuses to NHL games, and chuck them at the Vancouver bench whenever one of their players flopped (Kesler, Bieksa, Henrik) or played super dirty (Hansen, Burrows, Edler), I would approve it in a heartbeat. There is not one team who is this universally hated because of the players themselves as the Canuckleheads.

Archived