USL Pro crests: Harrisburg City and Sacramento now up

mcrosby

I don't think it's as good. What would it look like on a light background?

Also, now that I've seen what GFB mentioned, I can't un-see it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Here's a second badge, this time for Charleston. I think they have the best crest in the league, but this is a streamlined version.

I updated the cannons slightly, and changed the shape of the badge to look a bit more 'military'. I struggled with where to place the wordmark, so any help there would be appreciated.

Charleston_zps8eab65ee.png

I think this is a good start, but is going to need some work.

- What's with the ram's-horn-looking bits at the top? They don't seem to fit the overall aesthetic at all.

- I like the breaking of the standard shield shape at the bottom. The badge looks like it could use a bit more yellow, though; perhaps two more (partial?) stripes on the far outside before a black outline?

- The bubble outlines on the individual letters don't look good. I know it's a bit cliche to have a bar at the top with the name, but I think you might consider having a black bar with the team name in it as part of the afore-mentioned outline.

- I also think having "Battery" on the crest is important, even if you de-emphasize it as compared to "Charleston".

- I'm also not the biggest fan of that font; it's like it's trying to be smooth and hard at the same time.

POTD 2013-08-22

• 2 years later...

That's a downgrade in a lot of ways, especially the colors. I'd go more of a true green; maybe not as light as a kelly green, but not nearly as deep as what you have there.

The font change is disappointing, no matter how much I like Tertre.

I like the idea of the stripes at the bottom, but it seems to make everything very cluttered/busy in that area. The crest shape would look great if you truncated it on the top line of that area (and filled in the chunk out of the right side).

POTD 2013-08-22

That's a downgrade in a lot of ways, especially the colors. I'd go more of a true green; maybe not as light as a kelly green, but not nearly as deep as what you have there.

The font change is disappointing, no matter how much I like Tertre.

I like the idea of the stripes at the bottom, but it seems to make everything very cluttered/busy in that area. The crest shape would look great if you truncated it on the top line of that area (and filled in the chunk out of the right side).

Any better here Mockba?

rhinosdrib.png

The new one (as in the one you made) is looking great in that: 1. You simplified the color palette while 2. staying true to the form of their previous logos and 3. utilized certain materials in the logo package in a very clever matter (the soccer ball sun and the tree integrating into the E). As you said, this isn't the complete identity so there isn't much to critique except the tree into the E looks forced and maybe the addition of white would help liven what you already have. Great job

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived