Cincinnati will host 2015 ASG

tutorhunky

I would say so. It's certainly one of my favorite parks to look at. Capacity looks good. I like that it's a new park that isn't just another neo-retro park. The only downside, which I can't personally vouch for, is that Cincinnati is supposed to be terribly boring.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yes. Great American Ballpark is an amazing baseball stadium and the city of Cincinnati deserves recognition for the great job its done with its downtown riverfront area. I've been to Cincinnati just twice (both times for Reds games) and I've has nothing but a great time.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Better than Kansas City because the stadium's new and it's in a downtown location.

Yes, GABP will be a great host stadium. It wouldn't have been three years ago, but now that the riverfront area has been built into a really fun area with lots of cool bars and restaurants I think it'll be great. With ongoing construction in that part of town and around the ballpark in two years it'll be even better.

Cincinnati IS terribly boring especially this time of the year. I moved back a year ago and in this year I feel like I've done everything the city has to offer. There's some fun night life areas (I love Mt Adams) and I like the neighborhood I live in, but it lacks a true concert or event scene.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've never been to Cincinnati or thus to the ballpark, but it looks like a great park on TV. It being so homer-friendly annoys me from a baseball standpoint, but a fan experience standpoint, I have no reason to doubt it's great. And it appears to have a nice placement amongst the city's riverfront.

And Cincy is a great baseball town, so I'm glad to see that too. As much as I root against the Reds, I have been rooting for the Reds' attendance to keep climbing. We know they care about baseball, they've just been treated to a lot of mediocrity for so long, I think it probably made the idea of going to the park not as appealing. But I know from my many twitter interactions (among other things) that they've got great, knowledgable fans, so if the Reds do keep winning (they'll have a good team this year again), there's no reason they shouldn't start getting some better and steady attendance.

Anyways, no doubt that it should be a great destination for the All Star Game.

:censored: really? The Padres just announced they were throwing their hat in the ring to host 2015 for the first time since PETCO opened. Guess we'll have to work toward 2017 now.

Well GABP did open one year before Petco, so I think this was the right decision. Maybe the Padres will get it in 2017.

With the renovations to the riverfront around the stadium, it looks amazing. After they demolished Riverfront Stadium, the bare sight was an eyesore. It now is filled with bars, restaurants, and apartments. They added a whole new parking garage too. I kinda figured they were gearing towards an All-Star game with all those renovations. This is great though. I'll defiantly be at the game.

mcbqza.jpg

It's about time.

I went to college in Dayton and some of my closest friends are Reds fans. They are diehard fans, even though they haven't been given their due credit as a fanbase since their team has been so bad until a few years ago.

The stadium has a great view, a new awesome videoboard, and the new Banks development is really nice.

They will do a great job.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived