TimEOBrien's B1G Yakball concepts: Wisconsin up

TimEOBrien

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man, I've been following this thread from the begining, and thought I should just chime in. You don't have to change it, just figured you'd want to know what I thought!

Indiana- Not really fond of the candy stripes, I've just never really liked the vertical stripes on the pants because it looks so different and weird to me

Ohio State- This is my least favorite one, then again I think there's a lot wrong with their football set too. I think that the pants stripe is too thick, and so is the hem. The sleeve stripes, aren't that bad, but I feel like they can be fixed. Also add an outline to the numbers

Illinois- My favorite so far, i love the script and big I logo. The zigzag looks cool, but I think you should match the orange set jersey and pants with the one side being navy, I think that you have it now with the back of the pants being navy.

Nebraska- I like the home, but I'm not really feeling the clash. It just doesn't seem like Nebraska to me. Nothing wrong with black, but the yellow seems odd.

Iowa- I really like the update, I think the original stripes were a little thick, but the Outlaws look like that looks really nice.

MICHIGAN STATE:

MSU doesn't seem to get a lot of proper attention from Nike. They basically get template-y jerseys - perhaps in part to their desire to have traditional uniforms, or maybe it's just apathy - and so, in that vein, I give the Spartans a spartan Nike template kit.

Both jerseys are two toned, but it is obviously more subtle on the Home Kit.

MSU_YAK_SET_1.jpg

MSU_YAK_SET_2.jpg

IMO, the wordmark is the by part of this set. I would definetly put it on the field instead of the sideways S. I also think the green sashy thing doesn't really work for MSU because the football team uses wide blocky stripes on their uniforms. That's just my 2 cents though.

Now that everybody's seen all the NCAA concepts, here's the rest of my B1G:

PENN STATE:

Penn State - in toto - is my favorite set I've done. From the field mimicking the Beaver Stadium Field to the Clash Kit that uses Penn State's original color scheme, I just love how this set turned out. Even thought the Home Kit is fairly plain, traditional and football inspired, the Clash totally makes up for it in my opinion.

PSU_YAK_SET_1.jpg

PSU_YAK_SET_2.jpg

Not too bad. The home looks pretty nice, has a strong football field to it. Simple, clean, it works. Not a huge fan of the sleeve number, I feel like it clutters the concept slightly, but everything else is nice.

Not a fan of the clash. The design is fine, I've just never been a huge fan of the whole pink and black thing for PSU, but that's just me. There's a huge backing at school for the team to start wearing alternates like that, so it isn't something that would be out of the realm of possibility.

The field looks fine, plain, but nothing to complain about there.

Overall, it looks pretty darn good.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Minnesota's shoulders remind me of a hockey jersey - not a bad thing to reference in Minnesota.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Absolutely loving these. Keep up the good work.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived