CFL (Canadian Football League) Redesign

turbo72577

I see so many here redesigning the NFL (and very well I might add) so I wanted to do something a little different. This is a redesign of the CFL. The CFL is comprised of eight teams, soon to be nine with the addition of Ottawa in 2014. C&C welcomed and appreciated.

First up is the British Columbia Lions.

Home...

BCLionsHome_zps97ffdacc.png

Away...

BCLionsAway_zps90e673bb.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but just the claw scratches don't work as a logo by themselves. If you want to work them in as a design element somewhere, fine, but they really don't look good on a helmet by themselves.

Also, I'm not crazy about the emphasis of black over orange with the side panels and the pants. The Lions were going that way in the 1990s and early 2000s, but when the league-wide redesign happened a few years ago, they worked in more orange, with an orange jersey and orange pants in their set, and toned down the black, and I thought they looked much better for it. That shade of orange they went really looks good on TV, too.

It's nice to say a CFL concept on. BC has one of the best jerseys in the league and I think there original jerseys are better then the concept. I'm looking forward to some more of your concepts on the rest of the league, good luck!

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

Ohh I love cfl concepts.. We don't see enough, cannot wait for the Eskimos one..

I prefer the 2nd one, white lid with orange paw is

Better..

First effort looked to much like the current Calgary template, re coloured..

Looking forward to the rest of these!

Although it seems rather unpopular, I still prefer the claw marks on the helmet. I wanted to steer away from the "typical" logo style seen on most helmets. This is in the vein of what the Vikings, Rams, Eagles, and Bengals do with their helmets. Calgary is up next as I'm going alphabetically.

Next up...the Edmonton Eskimos. This one was tricky. Seeing as how they resemble the GB Packers (my favorite team) so much (more so in the past than now) it was difficult to find that right medium between what they look like now, how they've looked in the past, what I'd like to see, and trying to not make them identical to the Packers.

Home...

EdmontonEskimosHome_zps904029cb.png

Away...

EdmontonEskimosAway_zps6f9bf246.png

Eskimos have to have yellow numbers.. It's a huge factor in seperating them from GB

If you could add a EE to the sleeves that would complete a very good home set.. ( maybe even a white mask )

As for the roads.. Again.. Solid.. Add the EE to the sleeves and its a fan favourite

I wouldn't mind seeing what the current road jersey looks like without the green side panel and shoulders.. Just the green sleeves.. Think it would be something different..

Stampeders look good, but I think red away pants might look cool.

Eskimos are ok, I agree about the yellow numbers, on both home and away I think. Also the EE logo on the pants being turned drives me crazy haha, I would turn it so it is legible.

Well, I turned the EE on the pants and added it to the sleeves and made the facemasks white. Yeah, good change. Thanks for the suggestions. One thing I could not do was make the numbers yellow. I just couldn't do it. I also tried to make the away jersey sleeves green but it just threw things off.

Home...

EdmontonEskimosHome_zpsaa036b17.png

Away...

EdmontonEskimosAway_zps95aa7639.png

Archived