Las Vegas Outlaws (MLB concept)

davidrpaige

I designed this about 6 years ago. I've had these images sitting around on my computer as just an idea that I needed to get out of my head. I didn't know about this forum until a few days ago, so I'm happy to get some of these designs out from the dark recesses of my computer.

So when the Oakland A's were threatening to move to another city (when haven't they the last 15+ years) there were discussions of where could the A's move. One of the cities mentioned was Las Vegas, but was dismissed due to all the issues with LV being a gambling town and that somehow corrupting MLB game.

Anyways, I wanted to see what I could come up with if the A's did move to Las Vegas. Ultimately I looked at the defunct XFL Las Vegas team as a waste of a good theme. So I looked at using it for a baseball team.

This is what I came up with:

Home uniforms

Home_zpsf1457e9b.gif

Away uniforms

Away_zpsd34f0771.gif

I went with a cream color, like the Giants, for the home "whites." The red is a brick red. The next major element is black, mostly found on the away jersey.

Changes to consider...

I'd keep the epsilon "LV" logo on the cap, but I would lose the letterhead and bull skull logo. I'd consider using a western-themed font for the letterhead. Look to the Old West wanted posters, or at least Hollywood's version of them. You'll have to consider coming up with another primary logo and use it for a shoulder patch. it could be something simple like two pistols crossed over a baseball, or something more complex like a skull with baseball stitcing on is head, or something more stylized like a cowboy outlaw.

I'd ditch the black altogether. It's especially harsh in the summer in the desert to have such dark colors. I'd go for something more unique like a sunrise red and a metalic copper with white as the divider trim between the two. They are more desert themed colors and without totally abandoning the original pallet.

For the home uniform, I'd use "Outlaws" on the front of a white uniform and for the away uniform I'd go with "Las Vegas" on traditional grey. Same font and jersey style for both. If having number on the front is unattractive, you might want to consider putting them on one of the shoulder like Philadelphia. If you still have your heart set on a black jersey, then I would do a batting practice or alternate jersey (for cooler night games) with white lettering and numbering with the red and copper trim and maybe the primary logo as the jersey's adornment.

Again, just spitballing ideas here...ultimately this is you baby.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

So you

- copied name and logos of a defunct XFL team

- colors of the old Astros/ current D-Backs

- uniform design/numbers of the Giants

- used an old BP jersey template as road uniform

This "concept" was better left where you had it.

Nailed it.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• 3 weeks later...

Archived