Ravens end zone for Sunday

richdemarco

Has there been any official word on how the color of the end zone changed from purple to black seemingly overnight? I'm all for black end zones, when it's a primary color (like the Raiders), but the purple and red would have been a nice look on the field.

Only thing that's coming through my mind is that purple seems to be the "theme" color that New Orleans is using for the game, and maybe they realized a purple end zone would have been too much "purple" in the stands...

As for the 49ers end zone... I actually don't mind the red. I was disappointed at how "brown" the Saints end zone looked in SB44... the paint really didn't give much of a gold look...

I don't know if we'll find out the reason, but my guess is they painted it purple since that's the Ravens primary and the team requested that they change it to black. It would be pretty cool to actually find out what the reasoning was, though.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Whatever the reason, it was a terrible decision. Purple is the Raven's primary color (as it should be). We have had endzones in teams' second colors before, but they featured team-color helmets and team-color wordmarks. Their endzone is entirely devoid of their primary color aside from a few strokes on the bird logo. That's really bad. At very worst they should put a purple outline around the wordmark.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

And their road uniforms have very little purple on them as it is, so we won't be seeing much prior at all on Sunday. Maybe that's why they wanted it to be black. Whatever the reasoning is, it's disappointing that we will barely be seeing any purple on the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's looked pretty black to me from the start. None of the pics ever looked purple.

I don't know about that, this one looks pretty purple.

BBZ5bhOCMAElsm8.jpg

I think it might just be the way the paint dried on the the artificial grass in New Orleans. You can still tell there is a difference from black and what the endzone is. Look inside the logo and you can see the black outline is darker still. Plus if they did purposely change the endzone to black. I don't see any reason why they would change the Ravens logo to an inaccurate color from what it is.

BBzFp6aCUAA9jZz.jpg

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

I think it might just be the way the paint dried on the the artificial grass in New Orleans. You can still tell there is a difference from black and what the endzone is. Look inside the logo and you can see the black outline is darker still. Plus if they did purposely change the endzone to black. I don't see any reason why they would change the Ravens logo to an inaccurate color from what it is.

I think you're right. Look at this picture from the end zone. It has a hint of purple in it. It may be lighting in the dome. Who knows? We'll see if it looks better on TV or it they touch it up between now and then. Is this the first time the field has been used or is it the same surface that the Saints use? I know the Superdome had a separate turf surface for Super Bowls when it was Astroturf.

549817_10151259576901229_157331628_n.jpg

Yeah, after looking at it on a computer instead of my phone, it's definitely still purple. Hopefully the game lighting makes it look more purple because you really have to look at it to tell it's purple.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived