koala logo

lancealot

here i have a koala logo i have been working on, im pretty happy with it at the moment but there is something that doesnt feel right.

mdxRYRb.png

the team name is actually 'drop bears' a name for koalas us aussies use to scare tourists, and its for a football team.

any c&c wold be awesome

The mouth doesn't sit too well with me. It looks to me that his lips and teeth are like connected.

Also, the colors don't seem to work that well for this logo.

American Football? I'm not sure what you meant.

I'm going to guess that "football" here means Australian-rules football.

That's what I was thinking too. The mouth needs some work, lance. Other tan that, you may have something here. I like the nickname (DropBears) and I'm hoping you do a full bodied version too.

On the bright side, everybody has brought life into this otherwise-moribund sub-forum.

Im feeling half koala, half bat on this one. I think the eyes and mouth could work if you add some more facial details, but just try tweaking the colors first to see what you can come up with.

Looking forward to the end result lancealot!

DLWatt.png

Aussie fun facts 88, 99, 101,

A Koala is a marsupial not a bear, Koala BEAR is an Amearicanism.

The term Football is used for any type of game that you somehow kick the ball. We also call the game here in Australia Aussie Rules, Americans call it Footy.

Australains also call Football Soccer though the governing body calls itself Football Federation Australia, and the Australian National Team is the Socceroos. Yeh strange as it is it's true.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

in this case the football is of the american kind, the reason i used red for the eyes is to try to make it more crazy looking, and the red on the teeth is supposed to be like blood, i guess i can change it but i wanter red to be in the color scheme.

Digging the outline and choice of colours on this, I'd reccomend going with some rectangular classic Koala style teeth (perhaps two tone with red on top to symbolise blood)

I know that the sharp teeth are more fierce, but they're a tad skinny and I'm just not feeling them.

I think it would look better if you made the koala grey instead of goldish and put white around the eyes and mouth to make it look more like a koala. And the fur detail looks like he was attacked by something.

+1

And also, I think if you're going for a logo, maybe the crazy looking eyes could be a bit more refined to eyes that are looking straight at you. But that might look cartoony, and even then it could be a step forward. But it's coming along nicely!

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

I think you need to work on shading a little bit, sharpen the rounded corners, and probably use a reference image. The reason it's not feeling right is because there's no perspective right now, and it's kind of an awkward position to show a head if it isn't done just right. Tilt the nose down a little more so there's less focus on the mouth, because it feels like that's where all the focus is right now. Quite frankly, I've never seen a koala with an open mouth until now, so it's a little odd to see it this prominent, especially when they're anatomically correct — they've got weird teeth (and I think that's what's contributing to the 'bat' feel). I think a more head-on approach like the image below would work better — gives you better opportunities for shading, too:

angry_koala.jpg

Archived