Nike Los Angeles Kings Redesign

JCRGraphix

I haven't been able to do much concept work recently due to a "fun" little trip to Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates, but I did manage to do a little. I imagined what the Los Angeles Kings would look like if the league had another huge redesign like they did when Reebok took over. For the Kings, I created a new logo and brought back the old purple and gold color scheme. C/C?

lionlogo_zps74efb64d.png

roundlogo_zps110e8c89.png

lakingsswift_zps12d53831.png

That's hot. I've always been more of a proponent of Vegas Gold instead of the voltlike yellow you've used for not-the-Lakers purposes though. Your lion logo is a nice take on the Kings theme but as is stands it's more illustrative than symbolic. I think some simple bold lines can better capture the magnificence a lion conveys, sort of like the Netherlands national soccer team crest.

Midway.png

the yellow seems a little bright on the logos, not sure if your going for that. either way it looks awesome, love the roundell and the lion logo

The neon yellow is on purpose. I've been seeing that color on a lot of things lately including my most recent pair of Nike running shoes, so I figured it would look cool on a hockey jersey.

I like the idea here. The logo does seem more like an illustration, and also not very "Nike". Nike would make it very modern and probably add some sort of motion to the logo. Sort of like what they did with the Beavers logo. I like the jerseys though, but not a huge fan of the neon yellow.

I would probably try an original work for the logo, rather than pasting stock logos together and taking credit for it.

stock-illustration-7874884-lion-head-logo.jpg

Yes, this is the picture this is based on, but look at the actual details. They are simplified to make an actual logo rather than illustration. I still have a way to go to make it into a real logo.

I would probably try an original work for the logo, rather than pasting stock logos together and taking credit for it.

stock-illustration-7874884-lion-head-logo.jpg

Yes, this is the picture this is based on, but look at the actual details. They are simplified to make an actual logo rather than illustration. I still have a way to go to make it into a real logo.

next time you should probably just say what the picture is based on if its this close

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

2qkqagl.jpg

Come on. If you want this to be truly original, use reference photos and actually create the logo by hand -- don't use the paint brush and eraser tools to "create" something. And if you must "borrow" original work from someone else, at least credit them. There's a fine line between inspiration and ripping something off. You're crossing it here (and I know you have in the past, which is why I'm giving you crap).

What does this have to do with Nike other than a swoosh that was pasted on the front of the jersey even though manufacturer logos have never appeared there?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What does this have to do with Nike other than a swoosh that was pasted on the front of the jersey even though manufacturer logos have never appeared there?

JCR made a LA Kings concept with a Nike Swift hockey jersey. He points that out because the Kings and the entire NHL use Reebok. The nike jerseys do have the Nike logo there.

Archived