Real Life Broncos Throwback Concept Helmet

HailGoldPants

I recently wondered what it would be like if the original Broncos had come out with a helmet a little more imaginative than what they actually wore in 1960. Instead of just Photoshopping the idea, I actually made one. Let me know what you think (forgive my mediocre photography skills).........

2013-03-26-18-59-54.jpg

2013-03-26-19-10-18.jpg

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

Beauty!

The Broncos would look great in that a few times a year, and I like the brown and yellow for them more than the orange and blue.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

This is an amazing effort! Would this be worn with the yellow and brown unis they brought back a few years ago? That would be sharp.

Thanks man. Yeah, I imagined that this would be worn with the yellow and brown set from back in the day.

Here's a quick mock-up of what it may look like in real life...

broncos_throwback_concept.png

Did you order the stickers or did you somehow make them? Those stripes look legit and aren't electrical tape!

I ordered them...they are the Real Deal Holyfield.

This was the 4th helmet I've made and the biggest challenge for each of them may have been putting the stripes on and ensuring they're straight.

It's an amazing DIY helmet - looks professional and authentic. But as an aside, I've never understood that logo. The whole toothpick thing and the cowboy's expression make it look like he's totally laid back and unconcerned while riding the bronco. That would be appropriate if they were the Denver Broncbusters (mascot was the cowboy). But they're the Broncos, so the cowboy instead should look terrified, as if he knows he's going to need his nuts extracted from his neck when this ride is over. Why is there a cowboy at all? The horse by itself would make much more sense.

The helmet is incredible but I don't get why the Broncos ever came up with that logo.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I actually really like this. The helmet works great with the brown and yellow color scheme.

This was the 4th helmet I've made and the biggest challenge for each of them may have been putting the stripes on and ensuring they're straight.

Yeah, applying decals correctly to helmets is terrible. My school had a tradition where seniors had to apply the decals on all the teams helmets... Never again. With that being said, got a lot of respect for how professional those were placed on there. If i didn't extensively know the Broncos uniform history, I would absolutely believe that was a real helmet.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I actually really like this. The helmet works great with the brown and yellow color scheme.

Yeah, applying decals correctly to helmets is terrible. My school had a tradition where seniors had to apply the decals on all the teams helmets... Never again. With that being said, got a lot of respect for how professional those were placed on there. If i didn't extensively know the Broncos uniform history, I would absolutely believe that was a real helmet.

Putting the center stripe on a Schutt helmet (without a ridge down the center like the Riddell helmets) and keeping it straight is the devil!!

Archived