California Angels

Showtime029

I came across a website recently that claimed when Disney bought the Angels there was a logo proposed that everybody loved. When Micheal Eisner was shown the logo he wasn't impressed and rejected it. Has anybody heard this before, I apologize if this was already discussed. Let me know what you guys think of this.

Here's the link: http://www.khumedesign.com/angels.html

I gotta go with Eisner on this one. (not that the winged logo was any better)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I gotta go with Eisner on this one. (not that the winged logo was any better)

Me too. Reminds me a lot of the Hells Angels imagery. Thin lines, pretty bland, nothing special. The "Angels" wordmark is done well, but the winged- and haloed-ball is weak.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The wordmark is OK, but the winged ball looks too much like pilots wings. It's kind of bland and nondescript. So Eisner did one thing right.

I agree that what the Angels have now is great. You wouldn't normally think of red for Angels, but for some reason it works. I would immediately think of colors like they just changed from, navy, light blue, silver. But that didn't work for them. Maybe because the logos and unis weren't good. If only they'd put Anaheim back on the roads. That and if the hat logo was white with silver shading.

I have to agree that this logo would look more fitting representing a motorcycle gang.

You can't really do better than the simple "A" with a halo. If the Angels would keep that (instead of the "CA") and go with uniforms more like the pre-1996 look, they'd be perfect.

It took them a little while to get there, but the Angels have one of the best looks in all baseball. After a collosal misstep, they have found a great uniform.

I didn't like it at first, thought they needed a blue cap, but I was wrong. It's excellent.

You can go from bottom of the barrel to top of the heap. It should give Blue Jays fans hope for the future....

I think their firm neeeds to stick to corporate identity and leave the sports logos to the pros.

I think the firm needs to cover their butts from the long arm of the lawsuit. The "Missouri Tigers" logo is nothing but a blatant Jacksonville Tomcats (af2) logo with minor color changes. That eagle logo is a ridiculous tweak of the Philly Eagles' alt logo, even if it's only for a high school.

Maybe I just haven't been in the business long enough, but as far as them "creating" the logotype for the Patriots, doesn't that reek of BS? Wouldn't the firm who designed the "flying Elvis head" also create wordmarks to accompany it? Why outsource, of all things, a wordmark?

I looked at their corporate stuff, and I didn't find anything that stuck out, but to me the validity of their Sports logos are questionable.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I think their firm neeeds to stick to corporate identity and leave the sports logos to the pros.

I think the firm needs to cover their butts from the long arm of the lawsuit. The "Missouri Tigers" logo is nothing but a blatant Jacksonville Tomcats (af2) logo with minor color changes. That eagle logo is a ridiculous tweak of the Philly Eagles' alt logo, even if it's only for a high school.

Maybe I just haven't been in the business long enough, but as far as them "creating" the logotype for the Patriots, doesn't that reek of BS? Wouldn't the firm who designed the "flying Elvis head" also create wordmarks to accompany it? Why outsource, of all things, a wordmark?

I looked at their corporate stuff, and I didn't find anything that stuck out, but to me the validity of their Sports logos are questionable.

I went back and looked at all of your references and they so true, I am questioning this "design" group.

tigers.gifeagle.gif

logo_thumbnail.giflogo_thumbnail.gif

They just seem to try and render them in illustrator but do a $hitty job at it and then add crap color. This is brutal. I also think that the Patriots thing is B.S.

Wow, those are blatent, is this even a "real" company. Oh well. But that logo was easily better than the winged A the Angels had at the time, especially since the uniforms they had before where awesome and so are the current ones, if only they would put Anaheim back on the roads,

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Archived