The future of MLS: 21 jersey sets added

Atom

This is going to be a league redesign for Major League Soccer set 10-15 years in the future. Major League Soccer has now expanded to 30 teams

Some teams will get new identities, some new logos, some new colors and some just new jerseys depending on how much I like their existing schemes. Also plan to redesign the MLS logo, but that might take a while.

Team List

Atlanta Silverbacks

Carolina Railhawks

Chicago Fire

Chivas L.A.

Colorado Rapids

Columbus Crew

D.C. United

Detroit City

F.C. Dallas

Houston Dynamo

Impact de Montreal

Indianapolis

Los Angeles Galaxy

Minnesota United

New England Revolution

New York Cosmos

New York Red Bulls

Orlando City

Ottawa

Philadelphia Union

Portland Timbers

Richmond Kickers

Salt Lake City F.C.

San Jose Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders F.C.

Sporting Kansas City

St Louis

Tampa Bay Rowdies

Toronto F.C.

Vancouver Whitecaps F.C.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, love the presentation. Took me a second to realize the Home/Away, very clever.

Also, rather enjoy that you've made the home something that screams "fire." I'm a bit surprised, looking at this, that they haven't tried it before. That, plus the more traditional away and flag third, and you have a bit of everything in this set.

However, two qualms - unless I'm mistaken, the only orange in the whole set is in the home chest stripe. It seems a bit out of place given that the crest is purely red and yellow. Maybe change the chest stripe to yellow, with a red Quaker wordmark? Or incorporate more orange touches. Edit: I am mistaken. Upon viewing the full size picture, I realize that there are orange sides to the home. So nevermind!

Also, not sure how happy Quaker would be with the white-on-light-blue wordmark on the third. I feel it would be hard to see, especially given the bright red stars that draw the attention of the eyes. Maybe they would want the Quaker to be red too, so that they get their money's worth. But that isn't as aesthetically pure, so for the sake of neat design, I can see that not being an issue.

Great start though.

Looking forward to this. I'm a bit disappointed that there is no more expansion into Canada (would love to see an Ottawa team), but I'll let it slide.

Is the plan to use adidas for all clubs, or has that agreement ended in 15 years?

Looking forward to this. I'm a bit disappointed that there is no more expansion into Canada (would love to see an Ottawa team), but I'll let it slide.

Is the plan to use adidas for all clubs, or has that agreement ended in 15 years?

Youre right I went all America, I'm gonna switch Ottawa in for New Orleans. I only put New Orleans in the list because I am from there and I dont think we will ever get a team. Plus after pcgd's New Orleans concept I dont think I will be able to do anything better.

I had planned on using just Adidas just cause but I think I am gonna open it up between teams.

Nice work on Fire. I would've never thought to use actual fiery colors. The team's identity was meant to honor the firefighters, you see.

I didnt realize that. However one of the things I had a problem with their previous color scheme was that they made the shield blue when firefighter shields are generally red with yellow and orange accents. I feel like this fits better.

After strong urging by the fanbase and the fear of being abandoned with the rise of the New York Cosmos to MLS. The New York Red Bulls have agreed to have jerseys that reflect the history of the franchises Metrostars years and their beloved striped jerseys. The team has stuck with adidas as they provide uniforms for all of the Red Bull football franchises.

OOWJSNS.jpg

Very good. The Bulls would be smart to go this route. A soccer fan in the Big Apple could find plenty of reasons to cheer for Cosmos, but the Red Bulls unfortunately don't have that kind of legacy. Maybe when someone decides to buy RBNY from Red Bull they can change their identity again and Metrostars can become a reality once more.

Your combination of a textured shirt and illustrated shorts and socks is very off putting to the whole presentation, aside from that everything is generally ok, the Fire crest on the shirt still looks like it's got some blue in it, the shorts and sock styles could use some varying up as well and more detail also.

Vancouver has one of the best crests in MLS and their color scheme is strong so no changes there just some jersey designs.

Gw21xdj.jpg

I would switch the color of the shorts on the third kit to match the darkest blue on the jersey, that way it blends down to the shorts. Everything else with this kit is great! Very well done.

Your combination of a textured shirt and illustrated shorts and socks is very off putting to the whole presentation, aside from that everything is generally ok, the Fire crest on the shirt still looks like it's got some blue in it, the shorts and sock styles could use some varying up as well and more detail also.

Yeah its kinda awkward. I really like the jersey PSD template but cant find any shorts and sock PSD template.

Good catch on the Fire crest I missed that.

I would switch the color of the shorts on the third kit to match the darkest blue on the jersey, that way it blends down to the shorts. Everything else with this kit is great! Very well done.

Brilliant Idea!

keGAU8t.jpg

Archived