The future of MLS: 21 jersey sets added

Atom

BpMmPZU.jpg

Not really happy with the home probably will redo it. The third is based off of Seattles public transit idea by AasenB from reddit.

soundtransit_d4500.jpg

So Cal Athletic Club is my rebrand of Chivas USA. It started with the idea of a club that is more than just sports team but a place to hang out with your community. The goal for the club is to more than a regular sports in the USA. In addition to having a MLS team SCAC will be heavily involved in the community; more than any MLS club is currently. SCAC will do this by building fields and starting rec leagues for youth and adults in soccer and other sports as well. I have an idea of SCSC building community centers and having viewing parties and other events all around Southern Cal in an aim to make it truly a Club for everyone. The crest is a hexagon with zig zags on two sides like theLos Angeles Flag with colors from the California Flag.

w5x424H.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Timbers I started with ideas that were similar to the Timbers inaugural kit

8ByJ1NJ.pngzWaNkYy.png

Halved jerseys with axes in the middle. I then decided to do something a little different instead and ended up with these Large chevrons that change color gradientesquely

UaYYAGE.pngQumirMX.png

I then felt like they would work better with the gradientesque thing reversed and finished there.

QRlEQ5f.jpg

This is the best MLS or possibly soccer concept series I've seen on these boards. I'm really impressed with all these sets, they all pop with creativity, and would be something I'd love to see on the field. They combine that modern/retro feel that is in full blast in today's society.

That's the :censored:tiest flag I've ever seen. The concepts are nice though, is there a reason the gradient is off-centre?

Nothing beats this stroke of genius from Gaddafi.

Flag_of_Libya1.png

As for the kits I must say that overall they are pretty good but "So Cal Athletic Club" sounds kind of clunky to me. Maybe if you shortened it to So Cal Athletic or Southern California Athletic it wouldn't sound so clunky.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

That's the :censored:tiest flag I've ever seen. The concepts are nice though, is there a reason the gradient is off-centre?

They do something similar on their current jerseys, its unique and I like it.

Real_Salt_Lake_Home_Jersey_2012_11910_1.JPG

I know I'm a little late, but finally someone made a good looking TFC rebranding!! Not that the others are bad or whatever, but there just on par with the current ones. I love how you used that Charcoal black more but still kept the original TFC look. As for the rest, absolutely amazing!! Well done.

I like the simplicity to the Portland Timbres Third, however, I would keep the axe's in the middle, either green or an emboss-ment (grey)

I think St. Louis should have a bit more red, but keep it an accent colour, (armpits, collar)

Maybe for the Third Seattle one, you should make the the top half white, almost exactly like the bus.

The argyles on Sporting KC are cool, I'm working on a couple argyle designs myself, I'd put the argyles with the team logo and brand logo instead. Having the sponsors that low is sometimes uncomfortable to wear or see.

The SoCal was very interesting, I like the use of brown (I wish more teams would try it), but I would make the sponsor just the script and not the entire logo.

I tried to redesign the crest and I dont think this is any better than what they currently have but its what I got.

I kept the jerseys simple because I felt the yellow is strong enough on its own. Bumblebee third.

Jp6u8CV.jpg

Ugh, I hate being reminded that...thing...exists. It's whole conception is the perfect example of why you don't let elected officials touch anything related to design.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Ugh, I hate being reminded that...thing...exists. It's whole conception is the perfect example of why you don't let elected officials touch anything related to design.

The older/original one was much more traditional. It could have used a bit of a clean up but - I'm just taking a shot in the dark here - the older one definitely shows the city in a more historical matter than a skyline. Skyline's change, History doesn't. Glad I don't live in SLC, Toronto's flag and it's boroughs are nice, clean and simple.

I'm guessing you haven't seen Milwaukee's, then.

Most of these are pretty good, but while I agree the Chivas USA name is ridiculous and needs to go, I kind of like the idea of America's largest Mexican/Chicano community having its own club. What about the old LA Aztecs name from the original NASL? Not only does it have history, but it keeps the club designated as the city's "Latino" team.

I'm guessing you haven't seen Milwaukee's, then.

Milwaukee's flag is still better then Salt Lake City's. But man, there is a lot of stuff on that Milwaukee flag...wait, is that Waldo over there? I think I found Waldo!

Archived