Salt Lake City Peaks

Sean84106

I suck at making logos, I know it. But I was bored and thought I'd create a team name for the proposed MLS franchise here in Salt Lake City. Since we're at the base of the Rockies -- I went with PEAKS.

Anywho, it's simple....I may get more detailed....but here it is:

slcpeaks.jpg

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

I suck at making logos, I know it. But I was bored and thought I'd create a team name for the proposed MLS franchise here in Salt Lake City. Since we're at the base of the Rockies -- I went with PEAKS.

Anywho, it's simple....I may get more detailed....but here it is:

slcpeaks.jpg

For some reason I had expected this logo to be dirty...

...None the less, good work. It's a little simple but it could work.

Sean,

Nice design - you DON'T suck, you have created a nice logo.

Consider having both the city & team name made with the same shadow effect.

Great job. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The major reason that Salt Lake City has leaped into the forefront of Major League Soccer's expansion fray is that Dave Checketts is behind the bid.

Checketts, the former Utah Jazz and New York Knicks/Madison Square Garden executive, is a native of the Salt Lake City suburb of Bountiful, Utah. He's convinced that a Major League Soccer franchise would be perfectly suited to attracting a fan base seeking family-oriented entertainment... in, arguably, the most family-oriented major market in the United States. He's reportedly made a $ 1-million deposit to MLS in order to reserve the market rights to a Utah-based franchise. Additionally, he's been involved in discussions with the management of the Utah Blitzz, SLC's entry in the United Soccer League's Pro Development League. It is expected that the Blitzz would relocate their operation somewhere else in Utah to make way for the MLS club.

I've got to believe that MLS is eager to have an executive of Checketts' experience and expertise involved with the league. Further, they see the Salt Lake City market as being free of major-league level competition throughout the summer months... the bulk of MLS' schedule. Factor in an active youth soccer community and you have the reasoning behind bringing an MLS franchise to Salt Lake City.

Brian in Boston

I think of soccer, Utah isn't exactly the first place that springs to mind.

Well what does hit your mind when you think of soccer? When I think of sports no real specific place comes to mind. SLC is as good of a place for soccer than any other city.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Well what does hit your mind when you think of soccer? When I think of sports no real specific place comes to mind. SLC is as good of a place for soccer than any other city.

Maybe I should have rephrased that. When I think of Utah, soccer isn't the first thing that comes to mind. I imagine... like... skiing. Or Mormons. Or skiing Mormons.

Maybe I should have rephrased that. When I think of Utah, soccer isn't the first thing that comes to mind. I imagine... like... skiing. Or Mormons. Or skiing Mormons.

Cues up the song from South Park's All About Mormons episode:

Joseph Smith was called a prophet

DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

What does that have to do with anything?

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

What does that have to do with anything?

Just saying that Mormons might enjoy skiing. ^_^

... with their many many many wives

Once again, I don't need to ask where you got your education.

Retired Number's To Come

So, for example, when you think of hockey, you don't think of Canada, Minnesota, and/or the Northeast?

Certain cities and/or areas are generally known for their fandom and/or participation in certain sports. For example, if I were thinking of lacrosse hotspots in the US, I'd think the Northeast. For football, I know that Texas and Oklahoma have a reputation for being football-mad, especially at the high school level.

You following me here?

So, nitro's comment was the opportunity to do one of a few things, two of which come to mind immediately:

1. Educate people here on the popularity of soccer in Salt Lake and its surrounding area, or

2. Be a jerk because he said that soccer and Utah aren't easily linked in his mind, because you thought he was trying to attack your beloved homestate.

It's obvious which one you did pick, but I believe there was a better choice, and one should be capable of doing, given your purported intelligence.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So, for example, when you think of hockey, you don't think of Canada, Minnesota, and/or the Northeast?

Certain cities and/or areas are generally known for their fandom and/or participation in certain sports. For example, if I were thinking of lacrosse hotspots in the US, I'd think the Northeast. For football, I know that Texas and Oklahoma have a reputation for being football-mad, especially at the high school level.

You following me here?

So, nitro's comment was the opportunity to do one of a few things, two of which come to mind immediately:

1. Educate people here on the popularity of soccer in Salt Lake and its surrounding area, or

2. Be a jerk because he said that soccer and Utah aren't easily linked in his mind, because you thought he was trying to attack your beloved homestate.

It's obvious which one you did pick, but I believe there was a better choice, and one should be capable of doing, given your purported intelligence.

You're sure a smart guy. How can I be more like you?

Retired Number's To Come

You following me here?

You're sure a smart guy. How can I be more like you?

by chilling out and not snapping at people's responses. lighten up dude

Archived