Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we feel this decision is grossly unfair to the Raffi

Someone forgot to the proofread.

The Sharks are such a whiny organization. Much like Vancouver, you get the impression that there's a culture of indignant entitlement in the entire region that the local team can't help but to absorb and reflect.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

we feel this decision is grossly unfair to the Raffi

Someone forgot to the proofread.

The Sharks are such a whiny organization. Much like Vancouver, you get the impression that there's a culture of indignant entitlement in the entire region that the local team can't help but to absorb and reflect.

No. I don't get the Sharks are like the Canucks business.

It was weird with the Torres hit, that there wasn't really any commentary, etc on it until the day after, unlike last year when that was all the league could about that night and how there was like 10 pages of comments on this thread about

it. Let's face it, if anybody else did that hit that's only a game or 2 max. I don't think it was necessarily intentional(Like last year), but it was reckless and he should know that the league would go after him for anything questionable.

How does the league rate "repeat offenders"? Dustin Brown got suspended for the last 2 games for a headshot, but wasn't suspended for going knee on knee against the Blues in Game 2. Does the league judge based on the type of hits a player does(repeated headshots) to be considered a repeat offender, or dirty plays in general?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

God, I don't know, man. It's Raffi Torres. All he does is hit people in the head. We're into some serious frog-and-scorpion business here.

Raffi Torres is the repeat offender. He's laid out injurious, dirty hits in three consecutive postseasons. If you don't understand why he gets the book thrown at him, take off the teal blinders.**

**Not saying this applies to you, specifically, but I've seen so much #FreeRaffi floating around the last couple of days that it really frosts me. You're supposed to be better than Coyotes fans. We all are.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

God, I don't know, man. It's Raffi Torres. All he does is hit people in the head. We're into some serious frog-and-scorpion business here.

Which is why he's lost any benefit of the doubt going forward. Replace Torres with Marleau or Kopitar doing the hit, and nobody would be talking about it the next day. He will forever be defined by the worst of his hits. Of course I'm biased and don't think that the hit was worthy of the length of the suspension, but we should've known this would happen if there was any question about a hit/play.

Raffi Torres is the repeat offender. He's laid out injurious, dirty hits in three consecutive postseasons. If you don't understand why he gets the book thrown at him, take off the teal blinders.**

**Not saying this applies to you, specifically, but I've seen so much #FreeRaffi floating around the last couple of days that it really frosts me. You're supposed to be better than Coyotes fans. We all are.

Believe me, I know talking about Raffi Torres with Hawk fans is a sensitive subject and a losing proposition in general. I just don't think the hit on Stoll was as bad as his other bad hits(Hossa, Michalek, Seabrook, Eberle, etc).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I agree it wasn't as bad as his other hits. But, as you realize, these things do not occur in a vacuum, and therefore, the worse hits that preceded it made this not-as-bad hit worse than if, say, Tommy Wingels had delivered it.

I use Tommy Wingels as an example solely because his name is fun to say and type.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I've mentioned it on here before, but the name "Tommy Wingels" sounds like it's straight out of the Backyard Sports series.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Nationally broadcast game? Early start?

Yeah, Blackhawks look like hell. Outside of one defensive lapse that led to a CHI goal, Detroit's been kicking ass. Very disappointing.

edit: 4-1, and that's that. I'm done for the night. Just an unwatchable performance by the Blackhawks. Embarrassing in every regard.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

blackhawks are le finished they'll never win another game ever everything is over game over series over franchise over

Les Blackhawks du Quebec?

Taking the pulse of the internet, we've gone right from "Hawks in 4" to "Wings in 5." Team effort from arrogant Wings fans and paranoid Hawks fans.

Archived