MLB and NFL Tecmo Bowl

DrizzyDrew1523

Hey everyone!

I have started designing team tshirts based on current and throwback looks of NFL and MLB teams. The logos and template is all made by me, and the jerseys, helmets, and hats are all based off of current and former looks of NFL and MLB teams. I have all of the NFL, and most of the AL done and posted. I plan to have the NL and the NBA done here within a few weeks. I hope some of you like them and want to purchase one! I'd really appreciate it!

The website is Skreened.com/DrizzyDrew1523

Also, if you would like to buy multiples, just let me know and I can adjust the price for you!

I didn't actually use their logos, which is something that the website checks as the shirts are posted. If the actual logo was used, I wouldn't be able to make money off of them, but since it's my own interpretation of the logo, I am okay. The San Diego Chargers have even promoted it for me on twitter.

I'm not pulling anyone's ear or anything. I've sold a couple of these and just trying to find a way to promote them.

The shirts are made through a company in Columbus. Basically, I just design them, set a price, they print it and sell it when an order is received. They make the base $20 and I set my price, which I have as $10 now for me to make. Since I like this board and many of the people on it, I was just stating that I'd be willing to lower my prices if someone wanted to buy more than one shirt.

I'm not pulling anyone's ear or anything. I've sold a couple of these and just trying to find a way to promote them.

The shirts are made through a company in Columbus. Basically, I just design them, set a price, they print it and sell it when an order is received. They make the base $20 and I set my price, which I have as $10 now for me to make. Since I like this board and many of the people on it, I was just stating that I'd be willing to lower my prices if someone wanted to buy more than one shirt.

Is the name of the company something like 8-bit tees or something like that?

If it is, I know the guy who does them and he is very, very good.

No, the company is called Skreened, but 8 bit makes shirts on there. I actually find most of his designs on there very lackluster.

And those logos that you used are trademarked, so I couldn't use those. I had to make my own.

Oh, skreened. Of course. If you work with Dustin, you're in good hands.

I didn't actually use their logos, which is something that the website checks as the shirts are posted. If the actual logo was used, I wouldn't be able to make money off of them, but since it's my own interpretation of the logo, I am okay. The San Diego Chargers have even promoted it for me on twitter.

Good luck using that argument in court.

If it was illegal, the people who own the group would have never even posted my shirt to begin with. They run through all copyrights before approving the design to be posted. However, if a design slips by them, and it is brought to their attention, it's simply taken down or they are responsible, not myself.

In the end, I'm just trying to make a buck off of something I spent a fairly good amount of time doing. If I sell some, good. If they are copyrighted, it's not my fault that the company allowed it to go through. They already got in trouble once by Ohio State for it, which led to them being more strict in their approval of designs. I was just telling y'all about them. If you like them, get on. If you don't, just shut up and move on.

Again, good luck if you have to use those arguments in court.

I'm not writing this just to be a dick. If you're going to be in the marketplace creating things and trying to sell them, you need to have some vague understanding of contracts, licenses, trademarks, and copyrights. From what you just wrote, you do not.

I am not telling you to take them down, nor am I giving you legal advice. Just suggesting that maybe you should look into the legalities a bit more.

Archived